Need Motivation

Options
I've been going steady for about a month with eating healthier and exercising but some days I find myself needing motivation. I always think "well, maybe today will be a rest day" and that turns into two. I need help staying focused ultimately, any suggestions?

Replies

• msmiel715
    msmiel715 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try setting little goals each week; one week your goal is drinking half your weight in oz of water every day, then the next goal could be eating a veggie with every meal for a week, etc. Hope this helps!
  • nsh1984
    nsh1984 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Kath,

Firstly, what are you trying to achieve?
  • larryc251
    larryc251 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've never had that problem but i go to the gym 7 days a week to make sure it doesn't happen. Lol
    On the days i have to miss the gym (don't happen often) i make sure to do stuff at my house. Don't get me wrong rest days are perfectly fine, i just choose to not take any until i get down to my goal weight
  • feliciari
    feliciari Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find motivation from friends/family who are also on a similar track. I started walking during my lunch break at work with two coworkers, and now I am going to Jounce (workouts on trampolines) several times a week w/coworkers and a few family/friends that joined after I did. I try to track on here everyday no matter how I did so I keep the routine. For me, when I go off my routine, it just makes it much easier to continue down the wrong path. I initially started with the goal of giving up Pepsi/Coke, then after a few months I gave up any soda, then I gave up candy, after that, I gave up gluten (not telling anyone else to, I have a reaction to it). Afterwards, I started tracking on here, then I gave up fruit juice, picked up walking at lunch, and went to straight water only. Then I committed to drinking at least half my weight in water ounces each day, and last week picked up Jounce workouts three/four times a week. I have found it to be much easier for me personally to make changes one thing at a time, although I know plenty of people do it other ways. Also, having a support system really helps me to remain focused and to be encouraged that I am not the only person trying to be healthy. Also, I try to use my Insta page to follow healthy people- you may want to follow wistories as some of those people have lost a ton of weight naturally and are not selling anything. I now post pics of when I workout on there to help remain focused on getting it done. It is harder to justify a rest day when I know people haven't seen me post a work out the day before, or even for a few days. Accountability really makes a difference for me. Hope this helps :)