Newby Here!

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Terry. I started my weight loss journey about three months ago. I have been recommended for Bariatric Surgery and I am jumping throw all the insurance hoops right now. So far I have lost 20 lbs. by doing what my nutritionist has advised me to do.
I want to give myself the best chance I can for a healthy life. So I know that surgery is an extreme and if I am going to put myself through this I want to give myself the best chance I can.
In the past i have tried Weight Watchers, Adkins, OA, and Tops, I would lose weight but gain it all back plus extra. I got to the point that I gave up. Now I'm obese and can't move much. But all that is going to change. I went to the Weight Loss Centers gm yesterday and I start working out slowly tomorrow!
I know that there are some people out there that will think I'm taking the easy way out to weight loss, but through all the research I have done there is nothing easy about it. I will still have to watch what I eat and exercise, count my carbs, drink my water, take my vitamins.
So this is me. I look forward to reading about you and making new friends. :)

Replies

• jenniferbradfordgoss
    Options
    You've gotta do what's best for you. Nothing about weight loss is easy, no matter which road you take. I wish you all of the luck! Add me if you'd like :)
  • ninjarutabega
    ninjarutabega Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your decision! The insurance part is stressful. I'm 7 months post-op and would do it all over again x10 for these results. I've gone from 296 lbs to 196 lbs in that timeframe and my weight loss has slowed to a crawl, but I couldn't be happier. My life has changed dramatically and I feel great. Working out now like a crazy person. If you have any questions or just need some inspiration along the way, don't hesitate to contact me.