Rowing

Options
Have developed a disturbing habit of 10000 meters a day on an indoor rowing machine (C2 Concept rower) seven days a week. I use a HR monitor to keep me honest.

On a side note, using the My Zone program, very addictive.

Replies

• DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Many C2 (and other) rowers here. Great source of exercise!
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I love the C2, although I don't do the distance you do.

Mind if I ask how much the MyZone strap set you back?
  • markrennie786
    markrennie786 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I got mine though the YMCA that I am a member of, think it was around $65 which was a good deal compared to buying on my own. So far it has worked perfectly.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Glad to hear it was a good investment, I might consider getting one.
  • markrennie786
    Options
    If you can get it through a Y or club even without joining it would let you compete against a group of people which is super fun. The one downside of MyZone is that it doesn't have a global program for competing against anyone who has the MyZone monitor, C2 rowing site is a good example of a world wide competition setup.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Have developed a disturbing habit of 10000 meters a day on an indoor rowing machine (C2 Concept rower) seven days a week. I use a HR monitor to keep me honest.

On a side note, using the My Zone program, very addictive.

I'm not sure that I'd call that a disturbing habit! B)

Have you considered alternating steady state and interval days? (My C2 has the PM3 which has a number of built in programs) Personally i found that my fitness improved far more quickly when I did that and it added a bit more variety.
  • ruthbardell
    ruthbardell Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I row on water, and so have a love hate relationship with an erg
  • markrennie786
    Options
    Thanks for this, I really need to get Into intervals. Mine is mostly a hate relationship, day after day, week after week! Just kidding......sort of.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,990 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I was doing 10k meters a month for awhile on my C2 but my program has changed to recomp/strength gain from cal deficit/weight loss and I haven't done any rowing for a month (going on 2).