Order of weight loss

Options
I've seen this on here before but can't find it in a search. Does weight come off in a first on/first off fashion or in the reverse (I realize it won't be exact)?

Replies

• kissedbythesunshine
    Options
    Hi. For me personally I gain in my belly area first and lose in that area last.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Mine is coming off from all over. I'm looking like a shrunken version of my heavier self. It is weird because it seemed like I gained weight one body part at a time.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm...this is pretty much true of me, and I think that's logical since bodies will store in various areas depending upon our genetics, so of course those would be the last places for the fat to disappear from, too. I'm sure it can't be true 100% of the time, there are exceptions to every rule...it's just that it seems logical.

My tummy/waist are seriously always the last to go. Always. Second to last would be arms. And that's the order I gain in, too. All the rest just sort of "marshmallows out" later during a gain and deflates during a loss pretty quickly and measurably.
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Mine seems to be completely random. I lost from my neck, calves, and the tops of my shoulders first. I'm like anytime you want to come off my tummy, that would be great.
  • LAWoman72
    Options
    ThorneDust wrote: »
    I'm like anytime you want to come off my tummy, that would be great.

LOL!! :D

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    For me it seems that gravity rules. I lose it from above first, then it moves on down my body: first face, then bust and back, then waist, then hips, then thighs. I will never have thin legs, no matter how much I lose.
  • LAWoman72
    Options
    For me it seems that gravity rules. I lose it from above first, then it moves on down my body: first face, then bust and back, then waist, then hips, then thighs. I will never have thin legs, no matter how much I lose.

Interesting.

You're a candle, LOL. You're mellllllllllting...

My legs are pretty stocky too. I always wished for more feminine gams. They're more shapely now that I work out but I still don't think they'll ever actually be slender/willowy. Oh well...strong enough to pull the plow, as my grandparents would have said.

• RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Typically you'll lose it last wherever you gain it the fastest. For me, that's hips/butt/legs. I'm the pear shape. I am currently a size small on top but still a 12/14/large on the bottom. I've lost 82 lbs. However, I know plenty of people that lose from the belly and top last and have skinny legs and butt. It's all genetics.
  • isabellapanzica9387
    Options
    I noticed some weight off my legs first, then my face, my neck, my chest, then more off my legs, some weight off my stomach and then my arms. I still have more weight loss to go especially in my legs and stomach.
  • kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    For me it seems I always lose in the order of..hips, butt, thighs. Even at my lowest weight I feel like I never lost the arm fat, lol
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Interesting. It really does vary by the person. For some reason I thought I remembered reading a first on/off thing but maybe I misread it. So far, I've lost mostly from my hips, butt and thighs, which is totally fine with me! I'd love to lose some off my chest though. I guess I shouldn't complain since I'm losing it where I hold most of it.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I lose from the top down... And I really wish I wouldn't lose it off my chest, but sadly, the only place I wouldn't mind some extra fat is the place where it drops off the quickest.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I'd say you lose weight all over but of course the places where you carry more fat will take much longer to reduce. Places that don't have much fat don't change much. Where you are biggest is probably where you start noticing your weight gain first too.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I just get proportionately smaller all over. Same exact figure, just a 70# smaller version. For me that means I still have big boobs, big butt and small waist. If I were able to pick an area to spot reduce, it would be my thunder thighs.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    It's going to come off you the way it comes off you, and no one else.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I'd like the saddlebags next in line, please!
  • not_my_first_rodeo
    not_my_first_rodeo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Age seems to have changed things for me. But yeah, you have no control where it comes off.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I've seen this on here before but can't find it in a search. Does weight come off in a first on/first off fashion or in the reverse (I realize it won't be exact)?

For the most part, yes...the belly for example, tends to be primary fat stores for males...it is where fat is deposited first and comes off last.
  • szkodzt
    szkodzt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am pear shaped and in the past have lost from my upper half first and my butt and thighs were always the last. However, this time around I started at the highest I had ever been and with quite a bit around my waist. I have been losing pretty much evenly from everywhere, so just an overall smaller version of what I was. This is good and bad - good that I don't look disproportionate, however, I would really like some areas to look "done" by now!