How's Everyone? Newbie here!!

Options
Hi Everyone,

My name is Brennan, I'm a 20 year old college student living in Chicago. My current weight is about 245 and i'm hoping to shed 20-30 pounds. I used to be really active in high school (track and soccer) but once I graduated, all of my good health and fitness seemed to leave. I have definitely gained the college 15+ and I really want to get back in shape and get rid of the horrid body i have!! if anyone can share any healthy eating tips with me that would be great!! thanks in advance!!

Replies

• fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome.
    The tips:

1. Pay attention to what you eat and log the calories in here every day
    2. Get active, if you're exercising already increase the intensity slowly
    3. Make it enjoyable and you'll do it for fun rather then as a chore
  • sreece13
    sreece13 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi! I'd say log what you eat in a normal day and see where your at. From there you can start to see where you can cut corners to cut calories...such as using sandwich thins instead of hamburger buns or corn tortillas instead of flour, etc. Also, I have found that by adding lots of vegetables to my meals I get fuller and with much less calories which is nice because I love to stuff my face...not going to lie! At the same time...don't be afraid to eat your alotted amount of calories because too few calories can stop weight loss right in its tracks because it slows your metabolism. MFP is a great addition to my weightloss efforts and keeps me on track. Good luck!!! I'm sure you will do great if you hang in there and keep at it :)
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is such an incredible tool! If you want a friend for motivational support, feel free to add me!
  • bmarq21
    bmarq21 Posts: 45
    Options
    Thanks for the tips and welcome!! its great to see that there are so many people eager to help and support others! I'm looking forward to sharing my weight loss in the next few months!
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Great to have you here!