Down 30 lbs!

Options
gallagherc314
gallagherc314 Posts: 5 Member
edited November 2016 in Success Stories
So I've lost 30 pounds so far. That might not seem like a lot to some folks because I'm still pretty big but it's taken a lot of hard work to get this far and so I'm going to celebrate it! I know there still a lot of hard work to do and going into the holidays I've got a learn a lot more self-control but I'm just feeling good for the moment and want to share that with you. This is only the beginning of my success story!

Replies

• starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    That is so good! Congratulations. Stay strong.
  • bumblebeecone
    bumblebeecone Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It is hard and it is a lot of weight you lost Great job! . It does get easier as you get acustom to your new life style
  • hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    30 lbs?! That's amazing! Of course it's worth celebrating! Congrats to you for all of your hard work. Just always remember to be kind to yourself and always power through even if you hit a small set back, it's not all lost if you have a piece of delicious sweet potato pie! Life is about balance and enjoying your journey. Best of luck!
  • BEARSpaternalUNIT
    BEARSpaternalUNIT Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good for you...I'm celebrating 30 lbs gone too! Takes a lot of dedication and hard work! Great job!
  • gallagherc314
    gallagherc314 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouraging words!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    It's an amazing accomplishment, congrats!
  • mlbish624
    mlbish624 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Well done! I've lost about 30 too, and it's worth being proud of. :)
  • Smaya29
    Smaya29 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :) keep going, u can do it. It is a big accomplishment and yes, it should be celebrated!
  • majess1022
    majess1022 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! Total accomplishment! What things have been most effective for you in helping lose the weight?
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    30 pounds is epic! That's a lot of weight! There's a chart that floats around on here that tells how much physical things actually weigh pounds wise. Examples are things like an elephant heart, a spare tire, bale of hay, etc. Maybe you've seen it, I apologize if I'm repeating it to you.
    To put your 30 pound weight loss in perspective, 28 pounds is an average 2 year old, 33 pounds is a cinder block. Have you ever lifted a cinder block? Heavy! Imagine....your body is no longer lugging that around!
    Congrats!

ETA: 30 pounds is the amount of cheese an average American eats per year
  • CindyFooWho
    CindyFooWho Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    30 pounds is epic! That's a lot of weight! There's a chart that floats around on here that tells how much physical things actually weigh pounds wise. Examples are things like an elephant heart, a spare tire, bale of hay, etc. Maybe you've seen it, I apologize if I'm repeating it to you.
    To put your 30 pound weight loss in perspective, 28 pounds is an average 2 year old, 33 pounds is a cinder block. Have you ever lifted a cinder block? Heavy! Imagine....your body is no longer lugging that around!
    Congrats!

ETA: 30 pounds is the amount of cheese an average American eats per year

In keeping with the spirit of the season.... go to the grocery store and pick up a 15 pound frozen turkey. Then pick up another one. Want to walk around carrying those? You probably do not. That's 30 pounds! :) Good for you!
  • fabulousmo
    fabulousmo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Amazing! High fives!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    well done
  • TuesdayLucero
    TuesdayLucero Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    pick up a 10 pound bad of potatoes.. you've lost three of those, from your body!
    That is great and you should be proud!!!
  • Wiggymommy
    Wiggymommy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! 30 pounds is a lot. It signifies that you have the dedication and ability to see this through all the way to your goals!
  • MelBosque
    MelBosque Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is quite a success!! Keep up the good work!
  • blue730
    blue730 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    30 pounds is a HUGE amount of weight to lose!!! Congratulations on your success!!! :smiley:
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone not think 30 pounds is a lot? That's a toddler! That's more than I can comfortably carry. That's great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!