Type 2 diabetic

Options
Hi I am a type 2 diabetic and trying to get better. In last three months I went from a 10.5 to 6.3 A1c. Anyone else on this journey?

Replies

• zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    Good work on the A1c, type 1 diabetic and average around 7 on the scale. There is a diabetic group that's pretty quiet and a few others that are both type 1 and type 2 floating around.
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Lot's of folks are on that trip. i've gone from 7.9 to 6.3 A1c in the last 4 months or so. here is the group you might like community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1772-type-2-diabetes-support-group
  • faidwen
    faidwen Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I went from off the charts to normal, and now I no longer have to take ANY medication, and my doctor no longer considers me a type 2 diabetic.

I was on Invokana (WONDER DRUG OMG) and Metformin!!!

There were times when my tests were over 20. It can be conquered, keep up the fight!!!
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    First diagnosed as Type II in 1992, I went on oral meds but never corrected my diet/activity level.
    2013 began WW and exercise. I have lost 143# and now do water aerobics and swim 4X a week at age 68. My A1C has dropped from high of 8+ to my latest reading of 5.2! My Dr said I may go off meds completely on my next visit in three months.
    Take care of yourself when your YOUNG it's the best thing you can do for yourself.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    I'm not a diabetic but I wanted to commend you on such an awesome reduction in your a1c. I'm a RN so I totally appreciate the work and dedication in dropping it so significantly. Good job!