Tall lady with 50+ to lose. Looking to build (or join) a support group.

Options
PhrasingBoom
PhrasingBoom Posts: 7 Member
edited November 2016 in Motivation and Support
27/F/ 5'10". Maybe 5'11". to be honest... it's been awhile since I've checked.

Current weight is 247. My short term goal is 200, but my ideal is somewhere around 180. Unfortunately I haven't weight that much concern high school, so I'm not sure if that's accurate. I'll have to just see as a go where I end up being comfortable.

Anyway, I'm looking for accountability buddies! It doesn't really matter if we have the same goals or not, but I am particularly looking for people who also struggle or have struggled with binge eating. That seems to be my biggest issue ATM. I also really struggle with logging as I get ashamed of my binges and opt out of tracking, but I'm trying to be honest with myself this time around.

Replies

• koral4reef
    koral4reef Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I need the same, I'm 5'6" so not so tall but really need the accountability. I quit smoking last year and gained 20 lbs plus an extra 10-15 from before quitting. I've managed to lose 10 but I need to tone up and don't really know how.
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    > I get ashamed of my binges and opt out of tracking

Log it. All all of it. It's not about shame, MFP does not care. It's your log, not your judge.

I'm a member of Take Off Pounds Sensibly. For about $2 a week, I go to weekly support meetings and I weigh in. It is an accountability and support group and it's non-profit and non-commercial. They have chapters all over the USA and Canada.
  • sassiecassie1976
    Options
    I'm 5'2" not tall in anyway shape or form! I was in the military 20 years and stayed in shape for almost all of it. Towards the end I didn't give a crap, I was retiring. Now I am uncomfortable being me as I've gained too much weight. I am looking to lose 57 lbs and my journey starts today.
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm 5'11" and started at 237 lbs. My initial goal is 177 lbs and then I'll see how much I want to lose once I get there. I'm around 196 now, I started using MFP in April of 2015 and quit tracking a couple of times so it's taken me longer to lose those 40 lbs. than it would have if I'd stayed on track. I do log everything, even the days when I go way over my calories.
  • avygyaru
    avygyaru Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft and my permanent goal is 200. Or 199. I haven't truly decided :-p
    I got you!
  • Farrell73
    Farrell73 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your friend!
  • StacywithaY
    StacywithaY Posts: 117 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I am 5'11 also. Currently 222 or so. I have gained about 30#s in the past ten years and need to get it off. I've never been a thin person, so I can't imagine getting to there, but would love to be healthier again. I struggle with binge eating as well! Add me, I need motivational buddies!
  • classychica
    classychica Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can friend me on here
    I'm 6' tall
    Started at 228 went to 192
    Then started again and im at 169 now
    My goal is 155-a number I've never seen before
    Mfp is the best app ever!
    You can do it!!