Please help me!

Options
Hello, I new to this site and the whole diet thing. I've had a pretty serious injury to my leg (almost causing amputation) but I still truck on lol I am only 22 and I need to loose weight. I've gained so much since having two children and well a very serious broken leg. My husband just got back from Afghanistan and is now leaving to Korea for a year and I would love to be thin and good looking for him and most important myself. Does anyone have any tips on how to loose weight ? I exercise about 75 min a day 6 days a week I lift weight and do alot of cardio but the weight isn't falling off. Please help me!

Replies

• GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I would say your body may be used to the exercise that you do, so you may want to change it up a bit. And check your calories!!! The calorie tracking tool is wonderful, and not nearly as big of a pain in the butt as it would seem to be! :happy:
  • GypsyRose25
    GypsyRose25 Posts: 407
    Options
    And feel free to add me as a friend!
  • SailingMike
    SailingMike Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Good advice...

Remember its really NOT about weight, its about GOOD HEALTH. Skinny should not be the goal, but a healthy lifestyle including proper eating and exercise will help you to look and feel better.... which is pretty sexy in my book.
  • Leish81
    Leish81 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am an Army wife too. And we happened to be stationed in Korea. As an Army wife, life is tough sometimes. When my hubby was gone for 2 years, I found a lack of desire to cook since I was only cooking for 1. So I would cook 2 packages of chicken once a week. Then if and when I had no desire or just got too crazy, lunch and dinner was always ready. Actually I still cook all of my chicken that I eat for lunch once a week. I always make sure there is fruit in the house. I kept Crystal Light packets for when I had sugar cravings. I also still keep protein bars in my house for those days on the run.

Oatmeal with nuts, flax seed and raisins or with fruit and flax seed is easy to made (microwave), quick to eat and very very filling.

This site has tons of resources. It also has some of the best people to turn to for advice.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    As you are already exercising, you should probablly be looking at your diet. You'll find that tracking what you eat on here is a great way to see where the calories are coming from and how you can eat not too much, not too little.
    And 75 mins exercise everyy day is very impressive, especially as you are recovering from an injury - nothing wrong with that at all!