Silk Almondmilk

Options
Hey anyone else thinks silk Almondmilk taste bad.

Replies

• Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to try it... sticking around for an answer!
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I personally like the almond breeze or blue diamond brand better, but silk was on sale this week, so I got that instead. I'll be making smoothies with it...lol
  • mdinardo73
    mdinardo73 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've never tried the Silk Almond Milk - only the Blue Diamond brand. I don't mind it at all and think it's the closest comparison to Skim Milk that I've tried. I do prefer the Vanilla flavour.

:)
  • ltf304
    ltf304 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    By itself, I don't like it. I use it in oatmeal and protein shakes and can't tell a difference.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I bought the Kroger generic version and I LOVE it! It's more creamy and has more flavor than the Silk did.
  • edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    i am not a really big fan of it..although i do buy it for smoothies ..for some reason it has lot of sugar, anyone concerned with that??????
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    I use it in my protein shakes, but I probably wouldn't drink it by itself.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I like silk almond milk, but I get the unsweetened and it did take a while to get used to how thick it is. I mostly use it on cereal though so it's no big deal.
  • radio_flyer
    Options
    I like the Silk Dark Chocolate Almond milk. I think it tastes better than Silk Soy Chocolate and has less calories that real chocolate milk. I buy the vanilla for my dad to put on his cereal, which is a step up from what he used to use --- (french vanilla coffee creamer). In a pinch I'll put the vanilla on my cereal -- but it does have a funny taste. And for whatever reason, it doesn't get very cold in the fridge. I like cow milk and I drink a lot of it -- but I don't like the cholestrol or the calories.

Silk is the only brand my store carries and the next nearest store is far (because I live in the middle of no where) --- so that's all I have experience with.
  • adhillman01
    adhillman01 Posts: 206
    Options
    i am not a really big fan of it..although i do buy it for smoothies ..for some reason it has lot of sugar, anyone concerned with that??????

If you buy the unsweetened there's no sugar.
  • alexmommy
    alexmommy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    We buy the 365 Everyday brand from Whole Foods. My husband prefers the unsweetened. Same price as buying the nasty tasting Silk and it tastes MUCH better.
  • syrcaid
    syrcaid Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have completely switched over to this from skim milk. I've tried all of the varieties except Vanilla. The unsweetened is pretty bitter by itself, but if you put it in cereal or make a drink with it, it's fine--and only 35 calories for 1 cup. I wouldn't drink it plain.

The dark chocolate--pretty good. Very sweet. I really only used this for straight drinking. It is 120 cals for 1 cup. I don't buy this one very often.

The original flavor is probably my favorite. It is very lightly sweetened and has 60 calories per cup. Lately I have started using this one for drinking, cereal, drink mixes. Good for everything.

Again, I haven't tried Vanilla, but I imagine it's over sweetened like the dark chocolate so I'll probably stick with the original.
  • tammyr76
    tammyr76 Posts: 174
    Options
    I love silk almond milk,,,,I drink it daily...I use it in cereal,coffee,protein shakes...
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I have never liked to drink plain milk. Doesn't matter if it's cow, soy, or almond. BUT, I like cream in my coffee. I was using low fat and low cal ones but they still rack up pretty fast. I decided to try almond milk. I like vanilla, but the dark chocolate is the best. I freeze it in ice cubes (2 cubes = 1/4 cup ). Once it's frozen it does seperate so the texture is not great for drinking straight (which doesn't matter to me cause that's never gonna happen), but it mixes well into drinks. I get a ton of flavor for very few calories!
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    BLEH! DISGUISTING! and they only came in 2 Liter jugs at my store, disguisting, I don't like soy either ... i'll stick to 1% hahaha
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I have never really liked any of them just straight. I like the Silk in cereal, coffee, etc.. Almond milk is a bit thick for me to just drink it.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    IT'S NASTY! and I love ALMONDS. Just not as a milk though.
  • jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    I like it a lot, but the Trader Joes brand is much better. It's not as thick and has a better taste.
  • ChrisFA5
    ChrisFA5 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I use the unsweetened on cereal, it's a little thicker than skim milk but the flavor is not bad at all.
  • LAYLAH17
    LAYLAH17 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Ok...I'm new to eating healthy routine...So what is and why is everyone drinking the almond milk???