Down 50lbs since july HELP!

Options
ketcher20
ketcher20 Posts: 21 Member
edited November 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Well, I've lost 50lbs sense july... I run and bike 6 days a week, I watch what I eat and drink tons of water!!! I've hit a big plateau and I'm not sure what to do to start losing weight again!!! I still have 15-20lbs to lose and I'm trying not to get discouraged..

Replies

• kttygirl
    kttygirl Posts: 1 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Good luck on overcoming the plateau!

ksutton88 wrote: »
    Well, I've lost 50lbs sense july... I run and bike 6 days a week, I watch what I eat and drink tons of water!!! I've hit a big plateau and I'm not sure what to do to start losing weight again!!! I still have 15-20lbs to lose and I'm trying not to get discouraged..

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I was just reading a study (forgot where) that after 6 months the subjects hit plateaus because they had loosened up on their diets a bit and were actually over eating a bit. I'm not saying this is the case for you but I thought it was interesting.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

As mentioned above in another post, make sure your new daily calorie limit is adjusted for your new weight. The body adapts to the training stress of your running and cycling within about 4 weeks time. Have you bumped up the intensity and increased the duration to account for that every 3 or 4 weeks? If you haven't already done that, you will have to run/cycle faster and farther to dig out of the plateau.

How many minutes per day in those 6 days a week do you run and cycle? Are you getting a good 8 hours per week in?
  • xtina315
    xtina315 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I say readjust your calories. I'm going to tomorrow because I hit a plateau as well.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    What do you define as a "big plateau"? How many weeks since you lost ANY weight? How often do you weigh yourself?
  • bexilashious
    bexilashious Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I lost 50lbs since July too! I hit a plateau between 8th October and 31st (I lost nothing!)
    So I added more carbs to my diet
    It seems to be working as this week I lost 5lb

• bexilashious
    bexilashious Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Btw I was doing LCHF before
    But now it's a more balanced diet x
  • ketcher20
    ketcher20 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Since July of what year?

This year
  • StubbsJp
    StubbsJp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you need to switch up your training regimen. Your body has adapted to the stresses from your running/biking, and has become more efficient with its calorie consumption (which is technically bad if your goal is weight loss). If you want to stick to cardio, try changing up the intensity with interval training (sprints), or change your route to include some hills.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    How long since you've lost any weight or has it just slowed down a lot?
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options

If you lost 50 pounds in 4 months then how have you had time to hit a big plateau? A plateau is a stall that is more than 3 weeks.