I'm a success!

ejb499
ejb499 Posts: 53 Member
I don't have a lot of great "before" pictures. I didn't do the mirror selfie thing but here I amb34f8v2nq82q.jpg

And here I am now
s36ft8bh53hi.jpg

My first day on MFP was February 20th 2016. 9 months later I am 67 pounds lighter and I feel great! At 202 now I am right on the verge of going under 200 for the first time since high school! I have recently learned that I can now fit into an XL rather than the XXXL that I used to buy. Also my waist has gone from 38 down to 34. I have to admit I am a bit addicted to clothes shopping now LOL but hey I've earned it!

Replies

• elemkc
    elemkc Posts: 43 Member
    You look fantastic!!
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 513 Member
    AMAZING... Way to go.
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    You look great. Congrats!
  • Thepeacedove
    Thepeacedove Posts: 84 Member
    Wow..........what a difference. Does not look like the same person. CONGRATULATIONS on a hard fought battle.
  • ejb499
    Thanks guys. The battle is not over yet. Still have 22 lbs to lose and then it is all about maintaining which we know can be difficult as well.

I have learned so much about my body in my 9 months here though! I know I can keep this weight off for good!
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 549 Member
    Please share what habits you formed or changed to achieve such a great success, and great job!
  • ejb499
    Certainly. MFP set my calorie goal at 2240 per day. I lowered it to 2000 because I am not super accurate with weighing and everything. I guess a lot but I try to be reasonable. Even still I wanted to build in a little buffer to make sure I was staying under.

I bought myself some lunch sized plates that I now use for dinner plates. The plates I used to eat dinner off of are now used as serving platters LOL. And then on those lunch sized plates I try to fill half of it with fruits and vegetables. I find that while I could certainly eat more if I wanted to, the portions are still plenty to satisfy me.

About 3 months in my wife bought me a Fitbit. They start you out with a 10,000 step per day goal but I wanted to challenge myself so I upped it to 12,000. I usually end up on the treadmill each day for at least a half hour to make sure I get my steps and I get it almost everyday. I try to stick to my 2,000 calories even when I exercise but I sometimes eat back up to half of my exercise calories.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    you look fantastic!!
  • bobbi29
    bobbi29 Posts: 138 Member
    Way to go!! you look great!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!