Help!

Options
What are some high calorie foods to limit? After tracking my meals for two days, I noticed a tortilla I was using for my lunch was 200cal! What else can sneakily add up??

Replies

• twinklepies
    twinklepies Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything depending on the portion. Bread products, rice, beans, dairy, meat, some fruits. Pre-logging/meal planning is helpful to avoid surprises.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Convenience foods and high-fat items are common culprits.

Boxed mixes like macaroni and cheese and other packaged pastas/sides can be pretty high calorie. Baked goods from gas stations/restaurants are often much higher calorie than ones you can make yourself.

Nuts are another calorie-killer.

Keep in mind this doesn't make these foods bad, just things that you may need to consume in smaller portions.

~Lyssa
  • bobbi29
    bobbi29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    For making wraps for my lunches I have switched to Tumaro's low carb wraps. very good and only 60 calories for one.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Fancy coffees! I was horrified to discover that my French Vanilla latte - not something I thought would be overly high in calories - was more calorific than the donut I had with it...

This list is helpful for people struggling to meet their goals, but it's also useful to help you know what to watch out for and which foods you should weigh carefully. :)

Try not to worry about it too much - the longer you do this, the better you'll get at knowing which foods to limit and what substitutions you could make. As @twinklepies said, it's all about the portion size!