I'm a success!

Options
ejb499
ejb499 Posts: 53 Member
I don't have a lot of great "before" pictures. I didn't do the mirror selfie thing but here I amb34f8v2nq82q.jpg

And here I am now
s36ft8bh53hi.jpg

My first day on MFP was February 20th 2016. 9 months later I am 67 pounds lighter and I feel great! At 202 now I am right on the verge of going under 200 for the first time since high school! I have recently learned that I can now fit into an XL rather than the XXXL that I used to buy. Also my waist has gone from 38 down to 34. I have to admit I am a bit addicted to clothes shopping now LOL but hey I've earned it!

Replies

• elemkc
    elemkc Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    AMAZING... Way to go.
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You look great. Congrats!
  • Thepeacedove
    Thepeacedove Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wow..........what a difference. Does not look like the same person. CONGRATULATIONS on a hard fought battle.
  • ejb499
    Options
    Thanks guys. The battle is not over yet. Still have 22 lbs to lose and then it is all about maintaining which we know can be difficult as well.

I have learned so much about my body in my 9 months here though! I know I can keep this weight off for good!
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Please share what habits you formed or changed to achieve such a great success, and great job!
  • ejb499
    Options
    Certainly. MFP set my calorie goal at 2240 per day. I lowered it to 2000 because I am not super accurate with weighing and everything. I guess a lot but I try to be reasonable. Even still I wanted to build in a little buffer to make sure I was staying under.

I bought myself some lunch sized plates that I now use for dinner plates. The plates I used to eat dinner off of are now used as serving platters LOL. And then on those lunch sized plates I try to fill half of it with fruits and vegetables. I find that while I could certainly eat more if I wanted to, the portions are still plenty to satisfy me.

About 3 months in my wife bought me a Fitbit. They start you out with a 10,000 step per day goal but I wanted to challenge myself so I upped it to 12,000. I usually end up on the treadmill each day for at least a half hour to make sure I get my steps and I get it almost everyday. I try to stick to my 2,000 calories even when I exercise but I sometimes eat back up to half of my exercise calories.
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic!!
  • bobbi29
    bobbi29 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! you look great!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!