the words that kill

Options
so unsure where to put this , it is basically a rant about how disgusting and evil some people can be. I am betting that most of you have been bullied been told your to fat , wanted to look like your best friend of that super pretty model on telly , this world is distroying so many peoples lifes , when i was younger i was misrable i ended up eatting very little to feel accepted, happy beautiful and hopefully stop being called fatty as i walked to school , I obvs got out of that phase but still have been stuck with feeling sick everytime i look in the mirror the same has happened to a friend of mine , who has just emailed me , she like many had a little puppy fat just from well growing up i guess beautiful always has been and such a wonderful person anyway she has been bullied for the way she looked and now those words are stuck with her and is only 108 pounds 5"6 and that small she is skin and bone and looks like she is rotting away and it makes me cry to see her look like that she has been in hospital and according to her all they have said is her weight is a little down she thinks that she needs to lose another 37 pounds to be perfect and this is all because the INTERNET stupid wankers that set up these wanna be thin dont eat anything sites , she has found tricks to hide food, "make her metabolism faster" and basically anything else she needs to see to encourage her that having a tin of soup and coffee all day is enough.

I HATE what this world has become we either dont eat or over eat i no you guys on here are doing it the healthy way and i am so glad to see it i just wish the rest of the world would open there freaking eyes and see the mess they have caused.

SKINNY IS NOT BEAUTY , HEALTHY IS !!!!!!!

And if no one has told you all you wonderful people out here , you are beautiful i wish you would see it!
Also love these adverts by dove
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei6JvK0W60I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhCn0jf46U&feature=related

Replies

• SeanC86
    SeanC86 Posts: 88
    Options
    I understand the rant. Guys get it too... or at least I did back in High School (about 8 years ago.) I wasn't ridiculously overweight then, but I certainly had a few extra pounds. But people would always make comments about me being a "big boy" and such. I usually just ignored them, but I won't lie... it frustrated me a lot.

Same thing for being skinny. I'm struggling with that and a close friend of mine right now. We keep in close contact as I'm out of the states, and she's back home. She constantly tells me she wants to keep losing another 10 lbs, this and that... She's about 5'7" and 105lbs! I tell her it's not worth it, and she's beautiful the way she is... but she insists. After a short while, I give up trying to talk her out of it, and tell her that I just want her to be healthy, that's all. It sucks that the world is so caught up with thinking that skinny is better than healthy. Personally, I'd rather a girl I'm with to be healthy and not super skinny... just cause it's a personal preference. Maybe some day this idea of "perfect" will change... but I won't hold my breath.
  • maxinethestrange
    Options
    ive been around it so often with being involed with acting everyone wants to be thinner and it justs get dangourous how many people have to die or land themselves in hospital till something is really done about this.

not like they even do anything in schools either the subject was barely covered and we didnt really get taught how to cook healthly and when it is cover everyone is way older and already is suffering
    i work with kids and had a few young ones complaining they wll get fat if they eat there lunch and showed me where they hide it , obvs no one can watch everyone 24/7 to make sure they are being healthy and kind to one another but something has gota change
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    the rant is necersarry.
    Although im in the opposite situaton..
    its strange...

as a child i was very thin. And i was teased that i was annerexic and a celebrity wannabe, etc...
    and it use to really upset me.
    because i was just eating healthily and what my parents gave me..
    so because of it i developed an eating disorder where i feel i have to be constantly eating, and i sabotage myself whenever i get close to starting to loose any weight.

But the thing is, is that right now i dont feel that fat. I mean i do.. but i would say im not fat compared to alot of people i know..
    and because of that i shouldnt necessarily need to loose weight..
    but instead im not happy. and i know i wont be happy for until iv lost alot of weight..

and i dont know what weight u should be for someone whos 5ft7..
    but i feel like i wont be perfect unless im 6 stone.. because thats considered right..
    although im quite a few stone heavier than this..

its a harsh world.
    where this stupid ideals are pushed apon everything.
    and i hate it!
    but i cant not be part of it, i cant be fat..
  • LouD76
    LouD76 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Very well said ...

Where I work, I am the only female around.. and although nothing gets said to me.. I hear what they say about girls coming in and out of the store all day long... its hurtful..

I've always been bigger than anyone of my friends.. and "the words that kill" have been flung in my directions way too many times.. Sure I'm overweight.. but I am working on it.. working towards being healthy... but the nasty things people have to say doesn't make it easy..

I agree that the "perfect girl" that everyone talks about will never change.. that we have the media to blame..
  • paced2day
    paced2day Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm raising girls and we have a rule- not to say the F word: "fat". :happy: May sound silly, but what am I telling my girls if I call myself fat or say that anyone else is "getting fatter"? What we say and don't say around our kids continues the myth of the perfect body you know. My goal? For my children to know that I think I'm good enough, that life is good, and that weight isn't a topic open for discussion.
  • maxinethestrange
    Options
    the rant is necersarry.
    Although im in the opposite situaton..
    its strange...

as a child i was very thin. And i was teased that i was annerexic and a celebrity wannabe, etc...
    and it use to really upset me.
    because i was just eating healthily and what my parents gave me..
    so because of it i developed an eating disorder where i feel i have to be constantly eating, and i sabotage myself whenever i get close to starting to loose any weight.

But the thing is, is that right now i dont feel that fat. I mean i do.. but i would say im not fat compared to alot of people i know..
    and because of that i shouldnt necessarily need to loose weight..
    but instead im not happy. and i know i wont be happy for until iv lost alot of weight..

and i dont know what weight u should be for someone whos 5ft7..
    but i feel like i wont be perfect unless im 6 stone.. because thats considered right..
    although im quite a few stone heavier than this..

its a harsh world.
    where this stupid ideals are pushed apon everything.
    and i hate it!
    but i cant not be part of it, i cant be fat..

im sorry you have had sucha hard tme but 6 stone is not healthy 84 pounds will not make u feel good it could kill you i think about 117 pounds is the lowest you could be and still be on the healthy scale of the bmi thingy maybe speak to your doctor about how you feel and your problems with eatting and see what a healthy weight will be for you, but i think it is all in your head you are beautiful and i dnt think being that small with make u happy
  • maxinethestrange
    Options
    I'm raising girls and we have a rule- not to say the F word: "fat". :happy: May sound silly, but what am I telling my girls if I call myself fat or say that anyone else is "getting fatter"? What we say and don't say around our kids continues the myth of the perfect body you know. My goal? For my children to know that I think I'm good enough, that life is good, and that weight isn't a topic open for discussion.

brilliant way to raise your daughters wish more people were like that !!!! :happy:
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options

brilliant way to raise your daughters wish more people were like that !!!! :happy:

Its a very good idea. I never thought about it.
    If you really needed to say the word fat / thin you could just refer to how healthy some one is...
    super skinny not being healthy.
  • purple1butterfly
    purple1butterfly Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    When i was @ school i was a healthy weight but had huge boobs (34DD) for a girl of 13yrs old 5ft 4. I got so worried i was fat & now i wish i never listened to them. Those so call hot ladies that were the top dogs @ school are mostly the same size or bigger than i am now. bar 1 who is far to small for her body (skin & bone)
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hi, here's an article a friend put the link to on FB... I think it's very good and raises a good point.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-bloom/how-to-talk-to-little-gir_b_882510.html?ref=fb&src=sp

Back on the original topic, my brother used to say I was fat, flat, stupid and ugly all the time when I was 12-16 when I was a major tomboy and constantly moving and HEALTHY. Because of hearing that all the time I ended up bulimic for almost a decade and then went the opposite way and gained weight which I'm now trying to lose to get back to healthy.

It used to always bug me that he was right in the 'flat' description though... but funnily enough, when I started to gain weight after getting over his comments my boobs grew! I guess I was just a 'late bloomer' and didn't know cos of the fact that I was starving myself so my body had no fat to use for boobs.