Staying on Track

Options
I have started and stopped this diet about a dozen times or more. What do you do to help you stay motivated? I've got about 85 pounds to lose and need advice desperately.

Replies

• prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I know the feeling. I have been at this for almost a year and have lost 30 pounds with about 20 more to go. I have started and stopped, gained and lost. I usually get bored with things pretty easily. I go to Weight watchers which really helps me be accountable. I cannot do it alone at home or just with this site (I love this site). At the last meeting of WW the leader talked about focusing on why you started in the first place and remembering where you have been. For me I had to refocus. I looked at my fat pants and pics of myself where I was big and told myself I never want to be there again. I have fat pics around my house and they have motivated me to keep going. I always have a pair of jeans that are still to tight next to my fat pants to remind of where I have been and where I am going. Good luck to you. You can do it!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    stop dieting... start making small sustainable lifestyle changes that enable you to eat in a deficit.
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    pmill3133 wrote: »
    I have started and stopped this diet about a dozen times or more. What do you do to help you stay motivated? I've got about 85 pounds to lose and need advice desperately.

I too have always had difficulty staying on track and I have a major problem with sweets, hard candy , bread, pastry etc. LOL My biggest obstacle is portion control, once I start eating something I like I cannot stop. I know its in my head but I always say one more bite..anyway that is now behind me. I am doing nutrisystem. The food is not bad to me and it gives me a sweet snack, but it is all portion controlled. I am doing well on it. I have one flex day where I eat regular food. I did notice last night I had 2 fish fillets as opposed to 1 which would be a serving size, however I was a bit hungry and way below my calorie count so I indulged. Good luck on your journey and I am sure you will find what works for you.
  • knecht53
    knecht53 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    my motivation was/is to be healthier and that kept me going until now. since then it has gotten easier for me to eat less, because you get used to it. just stick with it and look at it as a permanent change instead of a short term "trial"
  • simonc14
    simonc14 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure there's an easy answer to staying on track but I've found the simple process of logging is the surest way to long term loss. That said, life has a habit of intervening and there are good spells and bad spells - and in a bad spell you can quickly undo an awful lot of good work! I think losing weight starts with respecting yourself and recognising you're worth it! You can do this!