Any ideas why it's not working?

Options
Hi guys,

I have a just healthy BMI and am trying to lose about 10 pounds. For five weeks I have been keeping at 1200 calories for 5 days a week. I've had a few blow outs on the weekends due to family events, wedding etc.. I have been doin Zumba once a week and also dancing one day a week. I don't have a lot of time to do other exercise as I rehearse twice a week for a play and have a lot of things on etc...

I lost two pounds the second week of doing MFP, but since then I haven't lost anything. Any ideas? I am getting so disheartended as I have made a big change in what I am eating and don't seem to be getting any results.

Check out my diary . Thanks so much for any advice!!!

Replies

• EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hello there :) Remember when you are so close to your goal weight it can take a lot longer for the final few pounds to come off. I think you are doing OK (will check out your diary in a mo) from what you mention below although ideally you should add some extra exercise to really kick your weight loss up a gear. This is hard when you don't have much time. Sorry I guess that's not really helpful!!
  • MrsCupCakeBoyle
    MrsCupCakeBoyle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Maybe Your not eating enough
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, wine? beer? chocolate?

I agree though, that if you're already at a healthy bmi then any further loss will be slow. So stick at it, and if you can't take more exercise then your nutrition has got to be excellent.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Hi Siobhan. You're probably not eating enough. With just 10lbs to go, you should adjust your MFP settings to lose 1/2lb a week and aim for the calories it recommends. It will be slow but steady. When you exercise, eat back at least half the calories you burn too.

Try and exercise most days of the week. Even on very busy days I get out at lunchtime for a half-hour power walk. Also get some resistance training in - if you have dumbbells at home you can use those or use bodyweight resistance (squats, lunges, sit-ups, push-ups etc.) . It won't take up much time and will boost your results.

And plan ahead for future blowouts - either save the calories for those meals or make sure your average over the week is on target.

Good luck!
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Just looked at your diary as well. You could probably do with eating more fruit and veg and reducing some of the processed food. This is hard if you are eating out and stuff though so I understand if it's not always possible!
  • Caz_Mnaz
    Caz_Mnaz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try only have brown bread and fibre full cereals...thingssuch as Rice crispies etc are not very nutritious really! ( I mourn them...and frosties..but it's all worth it!) And drink looooooads of water thats mkaing a big difference to me I find :) I feel your pain though I have 11.5 pounds to go and it's slowing right down. Lots of superspeed foods!
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Read my post, may give you some ideas. Good luck, i know how frustrating it is x

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/288118-plateau-breakthrough
  • siobhan_faye
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Much appreciated. Will take these tips on board
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    sorry added link now ^^^^
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Hi Siobhan. You're probably not eating enough. With just 10lbs to go, you should adjust your MFP settings to lose 1/2lb a week and aim for the calories it recommends. It will be slow but steady. When you exercise, eat back at least half the calories you burn too.

Try and exercise most days of the week. Even on very busy days I get out at lunchtime for a half-hour power walk. Also get some resistance training in - if you have dumbbells at home you can use those or use bodyweight resistance (squats, lunges, sit-ups, push-ups etc.) . It won't take up much time and will boost your results.

And plan ahead for future blowouts - either save the calories for those meals or make sure your average over the week is on target.

Good luck!

Very good advice!