Is belly fat the last to go?

Options
Ive been trying to drop 10 to 15lbs since sept 1st. I just started logging mid oct. My clothes are somewht loser but my belly is still huge and especially when it bloats...very discouraging....i would love for my breasts to go down a cup size too....so are breast and belly fat usually the last to go? I cant wait til theyre smaller!!!
Fyi im 5'9 and somewhere between 155 and 165 prob. I dont do scales for body weight....

Replies

• hiyaitschloe_x
    hiyaitschloe_x Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It was the first place for me.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    It varies person to person but, yes, belly fat is a common last place to go. By last place I mean that it could literally be the last 2-3 pounds when your overall goal is 10-15.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Depends on genetics of each person- for me the first to go is my boobs, last to go is my belly.

Just keep losing body fat and eventually you will get there.
  • Fitgirllife72
    Fitgirllife72 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on genetics. Belly fat and boobs are always first to go for me. Last to go for me is thighs.
  • GuessIgottalog
    GuessIgottalog Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great!!!! Lol. Damn genetics. I think i have to look sickly thin all over to get belly fat gone them....darn
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    not everyone will lose breast size either. some will some wont. I havent lost size cup wise but I have band wise. Im still a B cup,most of mine was back fat sad to say.
  • QueenGolden1
    QueenGolden1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For me I start tighting up in my calves, knees, and thighs not that they loose in inches but they start getting more toned and less jiggly. I do start to see inches over my boobs down to my pooch( biggest part of my stomach) within the first week, between just tighting up a tad and water weight lose of course.... But my mid section is always the last to go....it's easier for your body to tone up the muscles you have under the fat first, then your body works towards burning the fat....extra muscles actually help burn more calories faster....I also depends on the workout program you have, some isolates certain parts with strength training type of exercises, others do whole body with cardio type workouts, and some programs do both.a also watching salts, liquid calories, such as juices are simple carbs are easier for your body to digest so they go straight to stored fat..don't loose hope, I have to tell myself this stuff as motivation, just keep at it, days where u just feel doubt won't even be a memory theyll be completely forgotten once you've reached your goals.
  • GuessIgottalog
    Options
    I always worry that its just not possible for me to lose belly fat.....i hope its not true though cuz i really want to lose it and i still keep trying
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I always worry that its just not possible for me to lose belly fat.....i hope its not true though cuz i really want to lose it and i still keep trying

Im 4 years in and still have some belly fat. so for some its a very slow process. but the rest is coming off slowly.
  • GuessIgottalog
    Options

Im 4 years in and still have some belly fat. so for some its a very slow process. but the rest is coming off slowly.

4 years??? Did you have alot of lbs to lose?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

4 years??? Did you have alot of lbs to lose?

I had a total of 69 to lose. I have lost about 45 so far. still have some to lose but I had a lot of fat. I had an 38 waist(down to 28/29),my hips were like 45 inches(now 37/38) my thighs were 34 inches each(now 22/23). I have a metabolic order too so that could be why its taking me so long to lose weight and lose fat but my stomach is almost flat,still have a little roundness to it. but not nearly much fat on it now.
  • GetbacktotheChopper
    Options
    Yes for me it was, I noticed it 1st in the face, then boobs (dang it) then everywhere else. Sounds like you are getting there just keep at it!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Yes for me it was, I noticed it 1st in the face, then boobs (dang it) then everywhere else. Sounds like you are getting there just keep at it!

mine was in the face first too. I look 10 years older now because of it. oh well
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    It depends on whether or not it's primary fat stores for you...for most men it is...women seems to be pretty variable.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    It's different for everyone