Exercise calories

Options
I have my Fitbit synced to my Fitness Pal account so I'm receiving exercise calories. Can I eat those in addition to my daily goal and stlll lose weight?

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    if you are following MFP, you eat until your "calories remaining" is zero. Just turn on negative adjustments in the settings.

However, due to estimating inaccuracy for both exercise and food, a lot of people only eat back a portion. You just have to try it for a few weeks and see what works for you.
  • SamMarriottPT
    SamMarriottPT Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is something I had to go through with one of my clients. Personally I would turn the calorie adjustment function off as in my opinion it can be quite distracting. Eating different amount of calories every single day will become a nightmare in terms of meal planning and consistency. Instead what you should do, is take your FitBit data from a 7 day period and look at your average daily calorie burn. this will be a reflection of where your metabolism is currently standing when taking into consideration the amount you train, and other activities. Use your daily average calorie burn number and deduct about 300-500kcal to give you your ideal calorie intake for weight loss :)