ACHY

Options
Why do i ache so much on my upper body,,,i only do weights at my circuit training,,,,i always ache for a couple of days afterwards,,,bear in mind i have done a class called body pump which is weights to music but i have stopped that now to do more cardio,,,just sick of the aching!

Replies

• xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Im still aching from tuesday nights kettle bells!! or was it body blitz on monday that did it?? Just gotta get on with it! At least we have proof we worked hard :) x
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    It sounds like DOMS - Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. A proper cool down & stretching helps and also check your diet, make sure that you are eating enough. Perhaps take a recovery drink, protein with relatively decent carbs?
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Your diet may have something to do with it. Are you eating a good mix of proteins and carbs immediately following your workouts? Makes a big difference in how quickly you recover from exercise.
  • drogheda1
    drogheda1 Posts: 57
    Options
    Well i do warm up n cool down,,,i do tend to eat a bit late after workouts so maybe i will try eating within half an hour then.
  • sjbland_
    sjbland_ Posts: 5
    Options
    Don't forget that as you exercise you destroy muscle, that's why you must ingest protein to repair the tissue damage which in turn builds bigger, stronger muscles. So that'll be what it is. Like others have said, decent warm up, work out, decent warm down, protein shake. Hope your aches leave you soon!
  • xxemzioxx
    xxemzioxx Posts: 1
    Options
    Make sure you eat enough for the energy (otherwise you strain and that can make you worse) also protein to repair the damage done to your muscles!
    If you have the facilities, I find going in the sauna after any classes or just the gym always stops me from aching, with also stretching after each thing you do, plenty of water and a good nights rest.

:)