Exercise that'll be easy on my neck/shoulders - any ideas?

Options
I've managed to do something to my neck/shoulder, not sure exactly what but it's killing me! Means I can't turn my head much to the left or lift my left arm much. At home all day today so would like to make the most of it and do some kind of exercise but all the things I'd normally do would be too hard on my neck/shoulder which hurts just to move. So any ideas anyone?

Replies

• catecn
    catecn Posts: 84
    Options
    do you have stairs in your house? go up and down them a few times. leg lifts from a chair,lay on ur back and do air bicycles
  • sheffiej34
    sheffiej34 Posts: 91
    Options
    Maybe consider stretch bands for resistance. Go at a pace comfortable for you until the pain improves. Stairs and walking are other good options.
  • caroline_g
    caroline_g Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I've got stairs yeah but I find myself quickly bored of things like that. I usually do stuff in circuits to keep me interested but most of what I usually do would absolute kill my neck and shoulder! Might just have to put up with running up and down the stairs for a few days.
  • MollyYao
    MollyYao Posts: 12
    Options
    You can do squats, lunges and calf raises. Make today your lower body workout day.
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Belly dancing? There is some arm lifting but I don't think it's that necessary. There are videos on youtube for workouts.
  • shelltree
    shelltree Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'd stick to just plain old walking to be honest. I have a shoulder injury as well and have found it has improved a lot since regularly walking! Doesn't have to be running, brisk walking does the trick :)
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I would maybe try mild to brisk walking and a recumbent bike, and also concentrate on lower body exercises for a while. But if pain continues it might not hurt to visit a medical pro. Good luck and hope you feel better soon!