Calorie goals help!

Options
Ok here's the thing I know what I should be eating but I'm really struggling to eat enough and stay within my limits.
So for example if I eat 1200 calories it will usually flag up that I've had too many carbs or something..but if I eat more protein etc I'm usually ending the day well under my calorie goal!
What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    first off, are you sure you need to eat so little?

try pre logging your day to hit your macros better.
  • ladyteapot
    ladyteapot Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm already struggling to eat 1200 cals lol if it went up I don't know how I'd ever reach my target cal intake.
    Atm I'm just going off the default macros and Iv used lightly active because Iv not started an exercise programme yet
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    ladyteapot wrote: »
    I'm already struggling to eat 1200 cals lol if it went up I don't know how I'd ever reach my target cal intake.
    Atm I'm just going off the default macros and Iv used lightly active because Iv not started an exercise programme yet

how did you gain weight if you aren't able to eat 1200 cals?

sounds like you are restricting your diet far too much in a bid to be 'healthy'.

the preset macros are fine.
  • ladyteapot
    Options
    Obviously Iv been eating the wrong things in large portions and not exercising..that's usually how people gain weight isn't it?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    ladyteapot wrote: »
    Obviously Iv been eating the wrong things in large portions and not exercising..that's usually how people gain weight isn't it?

there are no 'wrong things', that's my point... just things you need to eat less of.

• ladyteapot
    Options
    Ok thanks
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    if you open your diary people can give you some ideas of how to add some cals.

my personal favourite is always peanut butter
  • jadelois
    jadelois Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Don't get too caught up on Macros when you only have 1200 cals to play with. If you lower your carbs though and increase protein then you probably need to increase fats as well to hit goals (like TavistockToad says, peanut butter is a good one, or seeds).
  • ladyteapot
    Options
    Thanks I'll open my diary :)
    I usually have peanut butter on rough oatcakes as a snack or in a smoothie