Help! Pregnancy Too Much Weight Gain!

Options
I am 9 weeks pregnant and went from 135 to 147!!! I am eating pretty much the same food types (which was never really healthy to be honest). I do know I am eating more and more often. I personally have been nauseous and when I eat the nausea goes away for about 2 to 3 hours then it comes back until I eat something. I am not currently working out and I know that needs to start happening as well, however, I am also aware that my food intake is going to play a larger role in a healthy pregnancy weight. I am starting to worry. I am naturally a picky eater to begin with and my parents never taught me how to cook "adult" foods (meats, potatoes, veggies) so any recipes would need to be simple and not too flavorful (pretend I am a child in regards to liking simple foods). I like chicken breasts and ground hamburger but that is all I can really cook for meat (unless you have a crockpot recipe I can't mess up?). I am wondering if I ate the right foods at the right amount if that would help with 1. Not gaining as much weight. 2. Less nausea. I know for example eating warm protein in the morning helps get rid of the nausea immediately and it stays away for a good 3 hours. I need help, advice, wisdom, and/or guidance from others to help me in regards to eating the right foods at the right amount every couple hours to reduce this nausea. I have access to a fridge and microwave during work hours. I get a one hour lunch daily. I can take a 5-10 minute break almost every hour. Job is a therapist so I am sitting most the day. Thank you very very much in advance and my baby thanks you even more!

Replies

• ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't panic on it yet. A lot of women gain at the 1st and then slow right up. You have a pretty low starting weight too. Is it going to your belly?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    What does your doctor say?
  • Chibinesekwe
    Chibinesekwe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It is going to my belly arms face and thighs, so everywhere. My doctor asked if I had any bricks in my pockets when I got on the scale and then said I need to work out and watch my weight because I can have issues later in pregnancy with too much weight gain. :/
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Check with your doctor. Do not take advise from an internet forum when 2 peoples health are in your hands.
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I have had 3 babies, 2 with healthy weight gain and 1 with a crazy weight gain. My first kid I gained 50lbs cause I didn't pay attention to what I ate and didn't exercise. MY last 2 I watched my weight gain and ate a lot healthier and exercised (about 35lb gain with each). My advice is just watch what you eat. Go on pinterest, they have tons of healthy basic recipes. With a kid coming, now is the perfect time to brush up on cooking skills. don't put the blame that your parents didn't teach you. Now as an adult you should at least try. I didn't kno how to cook when I got married, but once I got married I started going online and trying out basic recipes. Now I make all kinds of food and always experiment with new recipes. Just focus on eating better, limit sweets and junk food. That should help with weight gain.
  • Sixtine79
    Sixtine79 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I agree that you may want to consider changing doctors. Telling you off is not helpful. Offering support/nutritional advice from a professional would be much better. Good luck!
  • alyangel123
    alyangel123 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I gained a lot in the first tri, then barely any in the 2nd n 3rd, for baby 1. Baby 2 i lost weight in the first tri n gained a lot in 2nd. Despite gaining 30 with baby 1 n 25 with baby 2 I got the weight talk at least once per baby. I think it's something doctors say just to warn you. I wouldn't panic yet, however do ask how many more cals you should be eating because I know it isn't as much as some people think but I forget the number.