Hello from Central Va!

Options
IronMike here, trying mfp again. I've been a member since 2012 and I've seen my weight go up and down since. I'm a recent medical retiree from the military and I'm trying to get back into a healthy routine. Anyone who wants to add me, feel free to. I know I would benefit from the support and butt kicking.

If anyone has some good, low-impact exercises feel free to share. I'm kind of stuck to water aerobics because of my back and knees. Additionally, I'm always looking for new and delicious recipes so please share! Forewarning, I'm allergic to tree nuts, raw fruit and raw veggies.

Thanks!
IronMike

Replies

• IronMike0213
    IronMike0213 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just because, I'll list some info here. I'm 5'10" and weight 279lbs. Long term I'd like to be back under 200lbs. In the meantime, I'm shooting for 10-15lbs of weight loss by the end of the year.
  • alipsie19
    alipsie19 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Way to get back to it!

I don't know how to add someone, but you are more than welcome to add me.
  • CRsparkle1
    CRsparkle1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm new to mfp. Same here, working to get back at it. If you're interested, check out a stretching video. After an injury, I'm finding classical stretching with Miranda Esmonde-White a super low impact exercise, and moving my entire body much better now after a few weeks. Short and sweet videos in about 25 minutes.
  • alipsie19
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome! Stretching is something I need to sos lot more of. Thanks!!
  • alipsie19
    Options
    Hey Mike, how did the day go?
  • cheycoxe
    cheycoxe Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is what you're looking for exactly but my mum has really bad problems with her knees and back, although her problems are genetic and not due to injuries she swears by the the book "pain free" by Pete egoscue. It has stretches and exercises that have really helped her, she's also lent it to a couple of friends who loved it. It seems pretty popular so I don't think it's too difficult to access, I just Googled it and it's about $20 on eBay. I hope this helps! Please let me know if you decide to try it out :)
  • alipsie19
    Options
    Hey Mike, how was your Friday?
  • IronMike0213
    IronMike0213 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your support. Sorry I never got back to you. I've been on and off the app and I'm now returning. Don't know how to add friends, but I'll try. I'll be looking into all the advice. Today has been a good day. I'm still working out my diet, but I'm putting in a lot of effort and I've dropped 10lbs in a week so somethings working!