Crohn's Disease

Options
Any other Crohnies out there?

Replies

• Begsnapper
    Begsnapper Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    hey,

i have crohns to. i was diagnosed when i was 13 (28 now). i had some brutal years at the beginning and actually had to get some surgery and part of my intestine removed :(

but!!

i just did tony hortons power 90 program and am now doing p90x and my stomach has never felt better!

exercising 6 days a week and eating right has put my crohns into remission!! i dont have to take any meds and ive never felt better! :D
  • JoBFit
    JoBFit Posts: 81
    Options
    Hi there!
    I've had Crohn's for 20 years. Trying to shed those steroid pounds right now!
    Add me as a buddy if you like.
    My name is Jo and I live in Berkshire, England.
    x
  • kborsheim
    kborsheim Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I was diagnosed when I was 16, 22 now and dealing with it off and on! I also had part of my colon resected and was off meds for awhile... then the unfortunate news of colonoscopy results showed it coming back.

I'm super food-sensitive so carbs are a mainstay for me, which leads to packing on the pounds when I don't pay attention. Plus fruit is super expensive for a college student too!

I also agree that when I do work out I feel much better!
  • KimmiMac
    KimmiMac Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey just been diagnosed with Crohn's last month, have been on pred for a couple of weeks now and just experimenting with what my body's ok with and not so ok with, no energy for excercise at the mo but glad to hear it makes you guys feel better!
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Sorry to butt in.I dont have crohns,I do suffer from another auto immune condition though and have been a long time(7 years),pred sufferer,so I know just how much chaos that drug can cause.Would be happy to help support anyone out there if I can be of help.

Best wishes and again sorry for butting in.

Good Luck....:smile:
  • KimmiMac
    KimmiMac Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey Bayles, don't be sorry any info and help is always appreciated even if you're not a "Crohnie"
    I'm gonna add everyone as friends, hope you don't mind :) At the stage where I'm trying to get as much info as possible! Feel free to add me if you're reading this too.
  • kah2682
    kah2682 Posts: 5
    Options
    So My name is Kristen and I'm married to a great man recently I have been diagnosed with IBS Crohn's Colitis Iron and B12 Deffiecient animea. I'm trying to lose wieght because I use to be 135 and since I was diagnosed they put me on prednisone and wonderful but deptrimental drug. It makes you gain tons of wieght. Now I am 225 and just need support, you don't have to be in the same situation I'm in but I just need some support. Thanks!!!
  • tek254
    tek254 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi crohners. I am 42 and received the great(not) news last week. On the normal loading doses of pred but beginning to wean off. I have been using this app plus another GI app to monitor intake as well as exports (lol). I am on a low fiber diet and manage quite effectively around 1500 calories a day. Fatigue has improved as well as joint and abdominal pain. Hope everyone feels better.
  • batgirlrox
    batgirlrox Posts: 105
    Options
    Hey All,

I'm an Ulcerative Collitis patient and was diagnosed when I was 22 (now 25). My disease progressed to a "severe" level and they have put me on 40mg of Prednisone for the first time in my battle. Wow does this drug suck! It makes you feel crumby, hurt everywhere, become lethargic, killer migraines, you name the side effect I've seen most of them.
    When I got the news I was being put on Prednisone I made a deal with myself I was going to attempt to work my butt of and try not to bloat like a mammoth. I have been working out 5-6 times a week SIGNIFICANTLY harder then I have ever even attempted in the past and still losing the battle. I know the majority of it is the medication but it is still very difficult to stay positive. Working your butt off and seeing the scale only creep up more and more is killing me.
    I just got married in March and my husband and I are hoping that after the course of this we will be able to attempt having our own children but we will see. Just very frusterated and discouraged at this point :(

Amanda
  • nursekj
    nursekj Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Karlee, 28, with Crohns for two years, as like everyone trying to lose prednisone weight! All the best to everyone and add me as a friend if you like ;-)

Cheers!

6432523.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • NoleGirlMitch
    Options
    Hey there...I'm a Crohnie! Diagnosed as 22, now 28 (although I think I had it a long time before that). Used to be pretty heavy BC (before Crohns, haha) weighing about 168 at my heaviest. Now I'm 130, needing to be back down to about 120. This added weight, and being lazy with my exercise and food have caused me to go back on 6mp. And I'm feeling bad all the time. :0( Almost two months ago I started the Paleo diet. At first it was reall really hard...but then it just became my way of life. I had never felt better! I didnt lose any weight though, and after researching it, I have found that weight loss isn't really the main focus. I sort of fell off the paleo wagon just a little...and I realized that I had made myself lactose intolerant, and gluten intolerant. When I had either...I was doubled over. So that's where I'm at now...wanting to lose about ten pounds...and get back to a good exercise routine, and not be in pain. Colonoscopy next week.....hopefully things are looking good!!! (Small bowel resection in 2004).

Michelle
  • JessiGetFit
    Options
    Hey fellow Crohnies!

I'm glad that I found this thread-- I was wondering if there were other Crohnies/IBD sufferers on MFP. Glad to know that I'm not alone!

My name is Jessica and I'm 29, diagnosed 4 years ago (during my second year of law school, which was fantastic, let me tell you) and as of this minute I've been off of prednisone for a couple of months and my face has finally gone back to normal. (Puffy-face is one of my most hated side effects of pred. I naturally don't have a round face so it looks extra terrible when I'm all puffed up.)

I've only been on MFP for 3 weeks, but I LOVE it. Please add me if you like!!! :flowerforyou:
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Yes. Feel free to add me.

Diagnosed at 21 (writing dissertation/trying to get a job) - it always seems to kick off at a crutial point in life!
    I've been under control for the last year or so which has been great. But looks like I'm going to have to go back on the Adalimumab (Humira) as its starting to get worse again.

If only I could get the "weight loss" side effect of the disease maybe I wouldn't mind the stomach pain and unbearable joints...

Leila x
  • skinnythinmeplease
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I have Crohn's disease as well. My doctor wanted me on prednisone but I was worried about the possible side effects. Instead I went with another steroid called Entocort and have found the side effects pretty mild. However, I've only been on it for a couple of weeks. Has anyone one ever tried it before? I know it can cause weight gain and swelling of the face since it's still a steroid. I'm just wondering how long it takes for those side effects to start to show? And yes I am aware of how shallow I'm sounding, haha.

Hope you're all doing well :)
  • callmecorinne
    Options
    Don't have Crohn's but i have Lupus (SLE) another auto immune disorder. That damn prednisone!! :(( I'm working on the weight part just wish my face wasn't so bloated. Ugh.
  • heathermnrd
    Options
    Hey I have crohns too, diagnosed about 2 yrs ago...i also have lupus and have been on prednisone to control both...so far i havent seen many side effects, ive gained ike 5 lbs but part of that might be from feeling better and actually eating again lol.