Tasty and healthy lunch ideas!

Options
If anyone has any I'd be grateful.
I work in an office with a microwave, toaster and kettle in the kitchen and the nearest food places are a greasy cafe (which i avoid like the plague), a subway and an asda.

suggestions would be great!

Replies

• xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Id like to know too thanks :) xx
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    salad bowl from subway? salads wraps from asda? :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Have you access to a fridge?

I'd buy a jar of salad dressing to keep there, and then fill a box with salad ingredients - tomatoes, cucumber, peppers. Dont slice them up until you're ready to eat so they keep fresher. Add in some cooked chicken from asda.

Leftovers from last night's dinner?

Toast some wholemeal bread and top with a snap pot of baked beans, or half a can of sardines in tomato sauce, or some humous, or half a smushed avocado?

Baked potaotes are great in teh microwave - top with beans, cheese or a small tub of prawn cocktail.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I recently found these 12 inch tortilla wraps that are only 80 calories. "La Tortilla Factory Smart and Delicious Whole Wheat Wrap." About $2 for 8 of them at my grocery store. Now you can make wraps with baked chicken and veggies, grilled steak fajitas with low fat cheese. Just wrap it, pack it, nuke it. See if your grocery store has em. I made these enourmous tacos a few days ago. Chicken breast (pan cooked with PAM), chopped onion, tomato, peppers, low fat sour cream, cilantro, and chipotle salsa. It was 202 calories each! And all the ingredients were cheaper than a Taco Bell meal. Hopefully you're not on a gluten free diet, and you have time to prep. Good luck!
  • deisha
    deisha Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I take into work:

chicken breast, brown rice or a wholemeal wrap & nandos peri peri sauce with lots of salad!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I always take my own lunch. Today is lots of raw veggies, 4 layer vegetarian bean dip and tortilla chips (beans, salsa, sour cream, and cheese). My new favorite afternoon snack is oikos 0% fat organic greak yogurt (superfruit flavor) and some Caramel Quakes.

Happy Hunting!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I recently found these 12 inch tortilla wraps that are only 80 calories. "La Tortilla Factory Smart and Delicious Whole Wheat Wrap." About $2 for 8 of them at my grocery store.

Love these wraps!
  • mummyflippers
    Options
    If you make some extra at dinner the night before you could take that in and heat it up?

Or make a big batch of homemade soup and take that in everyday?

If you take in some protein - chicken/tuna/ham etc, you could just keep a packet of wraps or pittas at work and have one of those.

Or hummous and veggie sticks/pitta bread

I usually have a toasted pitta with some turkey and tomatoes and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, and some fruit.

Louise x
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I stay home with my kids now, but when I did work.....

Fresh fruit (cut/peel when ready to eat)

oatmeal

low cal bread and peanutbutter

almonds

These would only work if you have access to a fridge:

fat free plain yogurt with fresh fruit

string cheese

Last night I had a really good sandwich:

2 slices light wheat bread
    1 Tablespoon light cream cheese
    1/2 cucumber sliced
    handful of spinach
    tomato slices
    1/2 avacado
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Here's a little combo I tried out yesterday which turned out pretty fantastic. I don't like standard tuna with mayonnaise, so I created my own concoction:

Tuna with Greek tzatziki sauce

Sauce:

85 grams plain Greek yogurt
    1/4 Cucumber, finely diced
    5 grams dried dill weed
    5 grams garlic powder
    15 mL lemon juice
    Pinch of sea salt

Mix sauce together in small bowl, then add one can of white albacore tuna (drained). Mix together well. For a more savory flavor, add in 15 grams sweet pickle relish to the mixture.

Serve on toast with lettuce.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Check out Prevention.com, they have amazing summer recepies that are easy to make and they are usually about 400cals or less.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Also, Birs Eye has those steam fresh veggie bag that you can put in the microwave and they are amazing! They also have steam meals with rice and some pastas.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Here's my favorite lunch, and I've calculated the calories to be about 350-400 judging on what salad dressing you use etc. It feels like three different meals so it's filling. I usually make it at work, but you could totally pack this the night before in Tupperware containers.

1/2 turkey sandwich: 1 slice your choice bread, cut in half. Add 1 serving turkey breast, 1 slice onion, 1 piece of leaf lettuce, mustard
    Side salad: 1 handful romaine lettuce, couple of baby carrots, couple slices of cucumber, 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite dressing.
    Fruit: I do pineapple slices, blueberries and raspberries!

It sounds simple but it tastes so good. It's fun to eat a bite of sandwich, some salad and a little fruit, and rotate it.
  • Lexiehsub76
    Options
    I am a hairstylist that being said it is sometimes hard to get a meal in what suggestions do you think is the best choice for meals? I have done shakes in the past but I want some variety so that I want make the wrong food choices I try to take a snack but sometimes I miss that too sowhen I get home sometimes it may be 10pm so if I have not ate dinner then I am trying to get it in then which is not good eating that late. So any ideas would be helpful I just need something to eat that will keep me full until the next day!!!
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Check my blog. Link in my sig. :3