Only 6 weeks until Christmas, so let's lose 5 pounds

Options
MyHousecatDaytona
MyHousecatDaytona Posts: 6 Member
edited November 2016 in Challenges
I'm a 30 year old Christian woman from southern California looking for friends to lose weight with.

I have lost 47 pounds in the past 3 years and have 25 to go. I don't go to a gym, I just walk or power walk at my local park.

I'm a stay at home mom and wife looking for other moms or active users who are ready to finally Lose weight.

Replies

• fitnessawaits
    fitnessawaits Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP challenges. I'll join!
  • AimeeThomasBowman
    AimeeThomasBowman Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • LadyLauraAnne
    LadyLauraAnne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i'm in!
  • clarae98
    clarae98 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm interested. I had my son 14 months ago. I lost about 34 pounds after I gave birth last year. My short term goal is to lose 18 pounds to achieve my goal weight of 180 lbs and my long term goal is to lose another 15 lbs to reach 165 pounds.
    Since, I gave birth, my weight has fluctuated between 195-198. I'm really looking forward to this challenge. I thought it would be best to start with a small goal.
  • AimeeThomasBowman
    Options
    Can I get in how do u start
  • AimeeThomasBowman
    Options
    How do u join?
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I want to join
  • clarae98
    Options
    I don't think you have to do anything to join. I think you just post your progress on this message board.
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • gettingittogether15
    Options
    I'm in!!
    :)
  • xingchao
    xingchao Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'll join as well! Good luck to everyone :)
  • kimberly_grubbs
    kimberly_grubbs Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    @clarae98 you sound like me! My son is 19 months and I keep creeping between 189-195 (time of the month water retention is crazzzy!). I'm having such a hard time losing this time around. I also have a 3.5yold daughter.
  • clarae98
    Options
    Hi Kimberly,

I havecsix year old as well and a house full of junk food. I thought if I try to lose weight during the holidays and stick to my goal then I could accomplish my biggest hurdles.
  • AimeeThomasBowman
    Options
    What days should we weigh in? I am at 213lbs right now I have a 3 yr old that I can't keep up with and need to get started losing especially over the holidays.
  • kimberly_grubbs
    Options
    @clarae98 good plan!!

@MyHousecatDaytona did you have a weigh in day in mind? Christmas is a Sunday so we could do that! Generally I prefer Fridays though
  • FitterTerri
    FitterTerri Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I like Friday weigh ins too. It keeps me motivated for the weekends.
  • rebeccamorleysmith
    Options
    I'm in! I have a starting weight from today and will post any progress next Friday. Good luck everyone, great to hear such supportive comments here already! :)
  • AimeeThomasBowman
    Options
    I started on weds.
  • kimberly_grubbs
    Options
    Great! Let's all weigh in next Friday! I'm not 100% on my current weight - I have insane fluctuations around TOM. I'll weigh tomorrow morning and use it as my starting weight
  • AimeeThomasBowman
    Options
    How many calories are u all having just curious?