Help me say no!

Options
matchbox_girl
matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
edited November 2016 in Motivation and Support
Okay guys, my husband offered to pick up fast food tonight when he's off work. It sounds SO good. I'm already over my calories and know I will be disappointed in myself after the fact. Words of encouragement? Tough love? TIA!

Replies

• Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Do you want to be happy for one meal or happy and healthy for life?
  • beckifaymon
    beckifaymon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's instant gratification! The second you swallow it, it will become regret.
    You need to walk anywhere from 25-35 minutes to burn 100 calories (aka 2 chicken nuggets)
    Is just 1 slice of pizza (250+) worth 90 minutes of walking?
    Is a serving of orange chicken from panda (380) worth almost 4 hours of walking?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Think of your calories like your bank account. If you'd overspent a little and were overdrawn, and someone said "Hey, let's go buy something fun but unnecessary!" you would think "No way, I'm already in the red" or would you do it?

(hint: if you would, you may want to rethink your finances, lol)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Grey_1 wrote: »
    Do you want to be happy for one meal or happy and healthy for life?

Though honestly one day over calories wouldn't make you unhappy and unhealthy for life. Not saying op should eat it if she doesn't want to but going over occasionally isn't going to kill you.
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    NO, matchbox_girl, NO!

But seriously, it sounds like you want to do it AND you don't want to do it. Choose and be happy with your choice.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I appreciate you guys, thank you. I DO want to do it, but therein lies the problem. One bad day turns into another, then weeks, then..... (See, I know better. I have crappy self control.)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you weren't over your calories I'd say go for it...but yeah. Definitely not tonight.
    It's instant gratification! The second you swallow it, it will become regret.

I eat fast food at least once a week, have for the three years I've been here, and very few times have I regretted it.
  • dkabambe
    dkabambe Posts: 544 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    You, husband and child look so lovely and so happy together in your profile pic. Stay looking so happy!