Weird Workout NSV

Options
jaretspencer
jaretspencer Posts: 19 Member
I'm a long haul truck driver that does what is called LTL (less than truckload) deliveries. So I'm at a customer yesterday and due to crossed communication lines they were unable to take their frieght off with what they had. Now in my fat lazy trucker days(about 3 months ago) i would of just went to my cab and let them figure it out. Well this time was right we'll have to move it by hand. So I started and hour later no breaks in a hot humid trailer i unloaded by hand 7 skids, 12000 lbs of 20 lbs boxes of marachino cherries. I was a mess afterwords. I was actually delivering to a monistary and they let me grab a shower just to get the sweat of me ( I was soaked, it was humid and it was about 100 degrees F inside the trailer). I decided after my shower that is was a true time for a gatorade which I cut with water and drank about 2 Litres in about an hour. After that I felt great all day just all jacked up full of energy. I think I'm going to start adding strength training to my routine beause that feeling is very addictive to me.

Replies

• Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I like the idea of cutting gatorade with water!!
  • starr68
    starr68 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Great job with the workout. It is amazing how good working out actually feels!!! I need to get back into my routine. So far, just walking.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Its definitely a better feeling than what one would get after going out to eat and filling themselves up miserably with food. Its amazing the power of exercise. I try to stress to everyone I know that exercise can be an amazing cure for stress as well. WAY TO GO!!!!!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    Good idea !
    Way to get in your workout and think proactively.

SUCCESS!!!
  • Losershawn
    Losershawn Posts: 152
    Options
    Cool story! Great job!
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You improvise. You adapt. You overcame....Good Job!!
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Great story - and motivation.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Great Story: I bet the client loves you now as well - Lots of reasons to feel good in one hit!
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    NIce read. I bet when that customer orders again they ask for you specifically to deliver the goods.

I'm also a trucker, not long distance, I'm home every night. I have been in that situation so many times when the fork lift has broken down or there are no bays or they just have no equipment at all. I always treat them the way they treat me, if it's nice i'll help them out if not i just retire to my cab and let them get on with it. :ohwell:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!