hives????

Options
ok.. I have not worked out since 9/27/12. .. I have not changed my detergent, I am not on new meds, I have not changed food.. NOTHING is different.. but I am breaking out in HIVES under my clothes only.. my exposed calves, and arms and face are fine!!!

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Strange - how about new soap or something? That sucks - I hate being itchy! I have very sensitive skin - there's only one brand of deodorant I can use - I'm allergic to most soap, etc...

Benadryl should help the itch - it knocks me out though....
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    your machine or do others use it (like a laundry mat)?
    sometimes ppl use to much soap or bleach and it's left behind for the next user.
    water quality might have changed, too.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    dryer sheets? I have lots of skin allergies. My next to last breakout was from choosing some "hypo-allergenic" dryer sheets.

Now I only stick to the natural ones at Vitamin Cottage.

Food reaction? Have any imported wines recently (sulfites)?
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Allergic reaction. I used a certain soap for years, that all the sudden developed an allergic reaction to it. Could be it took repeated exposure to develop or something you use changed " the formula".
  • tigertown11
    Options
    I have dealt with hives on a daily basis since a major surgery in May. Have you had any trauma to your body? the doctors don't have an answer for me either. Thinking its an autoimmune disease popping up.
  • AverageAngel
    AverageAngel Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Nice to know I am not alone here.. I actually rewashed all of my workout clothes without detergent, and gave a good rinse with vinegar. It is what I use on my husband's armor carrier and under armour. Silly me, I never thought o use it on my sweaty clothes.. I have had less of a problem since, but I do remember in my early 20's having an issue with the elastic/sspandex in underware, bras, socks.. Maybe it is a phase? Never thought of autoimmune issue. I can't wear latex gloves at work... And yes.. two rollovers and three separate concussions.. lol..
  • Dr_sparky
    Dr_sparky Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey I know this is an older post, but just thought I'd second the comment about it possibly being an autoimmune thing. I started having hives back in March after an immunisation shot. I've been told to avoid caffeine, alchol and stress as these can aggrevate it. I'm on antihistimines every day and as I'm particularly stressed at the moment so my medication has doubled. I was told that there are so many things that cause hives that usually you won't ever find out what causes it. However that it can disappear just as soon as it comes. Hope yours has cleared up.
  • AverageAngel
    AverageAngel Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It has resolved some... it is super random. Benadryl is so nice. Also, I just have learned to STRIP the second I am done. Lol... I appreciate the post!
  • stephmofo
    stephmofo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I know this is really, really old but I had a similar issue, it was sulfites. Get dried apricots, make sure it has sulfur dioxide in the ingredients, and eat a handful with a glass of water and 2 benadryls at arms reach. If it is sulfites you'll know, since dried apricots have a ton.