postpartum lost weight

Options
Hi I'm Nathaly and i have 2 kids. The girl is 20 months old and the boy is 5 months. I had gain too much weight and i'm planning to loose 44 pounds!!! I exercise on the elliptical for 45 min to an hour but according to this machine i just burn 170 to 200 calories :-(. I will love to exercise for a longer period but i do it while my kids are sleeping. Is anyone on this situation?

Replies

• BootyShakingBadAss
    BootyShakingBadAss Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi Nathaly!! I have a 30 month old daughter! I give you credit I find working out on a machine SO BORING, so GO YOU!!!! I use workout videos! Currently I'm using a dancing one that last around 30min and I burn about 330 calories before that I did a 22 min video that was VERY intense but fun. I totally understand about getting in the workout when the kids are asleep. Luckily Bryn(my daughter) likes to dance so my current workout I can do when she is awake however it is a little more challenging so I try to do it when she is asleep and sometimes that means getting up at 4am :( Keep doing what you are doing! You're a rockstar!!! Us Momma's have to stick together!!!
  • angiejim0415
    angiejim0415 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a 2wk old and a 4yo. I've lost all but 5lbs of my pregnancy weight, but I'm trying to lose another 20. I started going to the gym a few times a week while the kids are asleep and my husband is home and joined a mommy and me group that let's the kids interact while exercising. However, I'm still so used to giving in to my pregnancy cravings.
  • nvasq4140
    nvasq4140 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi enudav thanks for ur support. Can u give me the name of ur workout please. I love too dance and my daughter too so maybe i will be able to do it while she up.
  • nvasq4140
    nvasq4140 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi angiejim0415 i know how u feel about the pregnancy cravings. It is difficult with an infant and the lack of sleep . Since u just gave birth try to do it slowly that way u will no have any injuries because ur body is just starting to heal.