I am vigorously attempting to cut sugars and carbs, how do you do it

Options
my weight was up to 265 lbs, but I felt like i was not eating that much, but I knew I loved bread, and pasta and sugary sweet candy, so anyway I watched a well documented story of fighting cancer, and though I am not fighting cancer the scientist and doctors explained how some types of cancer nourishes itself consuming sugars, once the patient was put on no sugar diet the cancer went into remission or died, and yet the human cells morphed and started receiving it's nutrients from other forms, I have lost over 20 lbs and still consume 3 meals a day, limited exercise but no pasta, breads, or carbs, they are in other foods but I am refraining, I hope you will encourage and advise if you can

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Eat meat only. That's about the only thing that doesn't have any carbs.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I decided to go the Keto way, it's working for me at 20 grams or less carbs per day. This is not the way for everyone from what I read, but I like it. When I reach my goal weight I do plan on returning to a more carb friendly diet, but like I told my husband, I won't be able to go back to the old way......If I want spaghetti I will have to forgo the garlic bread, also spaghetti as a side and not the main meal. If I want mcdonald's I will have to choose one thing....not a meal. I do intend to keep my carbs under 100 grams per day too. My hope is to have the best of both worlds.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    some great and tasty recipes here http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a very scary documented story you read. Lots of people have used the low carb diet successfully.

There is group you can join that has support and tips on ways to make the most of it. 'Low carber daily forum' is one that is popular.

Best wishes on your weight loss! :)
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have been eating low carb for several months and have had very good results. I am 4'11" tall so losing seems slower than others. My husband who is 5'11" is eating low carb also and has lost more weight than me. He has lost 12 pounds in 21/2 months, I have lost 11 pounds. He does occasionally eat higher carbs than I do. I stick somewhere between 20 and 40 grams daily. If I stick to 20 grams daily I lose faster but I need the variety of a few more carbs. I eat some fruits, sweet potatoes, beans, nut, nut butters, and lots of veggies. This works for me!!