getting discouraged

Options
I have been doing myfitnesspal for about 3 weeks. I exercise everyday or at least 6 days per week and have gained 3 lbs that I can't seem to lose. My goal is to lose 30 lbs and now I have to lose 33lbs. I eat very little no more than 100-120 grams of proteins per day and only 2 servings of carbs per day. the rest of the day it is good vegs and grilled lean meats . I am a post gastric bypass patient that lost 191 lbs after surgery back in 2005 but had started gaining a few pounds back so I have been working over the phone with the baritric manager of a local hospital who is a good friend of mine so I can get back in touch with my pouch and shrink it back where it should be. my calories for the day are no more than 1200. I am a 49 yr old woman and weigh 155 I am 5' 3 or 4" tall and tired of being fat. Does anyone out there have any ideas that might help/ I am eating as late as midnight because I am still awake and sometimes haven't eating all my calories by then. What is a good time to cut off eating everynight, maybe that is my problem. but sometime I am hungury at that time. Any advise will be welcomed.Thanks

Replies

• mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    youre going to hear one of two things... eat more or your sodium is too high.

but what i want to say is, good for you for working so hard. that is a great accomplishment - even if the scale doesn't reflect what you think it should. my scale is budging. ive been hovering between 140 and 136 since i started this journey at the beginning of May. but i FEEL better. and i look better. and i have more energy. and i love experimenting with new foods. and my skin is clearing.

sometimes the non-scale victories are the important ones. the scale is just a number... and you're way more than just a number.
  • paradog
    paradog Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    stop eating 2 hours before sleeping....drink more water, your body can fluctuate up to 5 lbs a day. How often are you weighing in? Try once a week, same time and...just a hint:

scales can act funny, make sure you always use the scale in the same location on the floor. Scales are designed to self balance but sometimes floors can make a scale change. If you dont believe me...try it. A new scale is always a plus!

Have a great day!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats to you. It really sounds like you are doing all the right things. I cannot see your diary. Do make sure you are eating something every 2-3 hours to keep your blood sugar levels even all day long. How many carbs do you eat a day? Also, drink as much water as you can, at least 64 ounces, but I always drink more than that. Do not get discouraged as you are doing a great job. You have to find peace in knowing that your hard work is good work and will pay off. Ignore that scale for a while.
  • cjgriess
    cjgriess Posts: 7
    Options
    WOW...I feel like I'm reading my OWN story...having just got off the scale and gained 2.5lbs in one day...a day after 4 straight days of exercise and I stayed under my calorie goal!! I am a 40 yr old female, 6 foot, 6.5 years post bypass surgery, lost 120lbs to get to goal, and now need to lose 30lbs. Just minutes ago when I saw that the number went up I wondered myself what I am doing wrong. I've been reading everything I can get my hands on in print and online and can't seem to figure it out. So, I guess I'm writing this to let you know that you're not alone. We lost the weight once...I have to believe we can do it again. I'm not qualified to give advice, but I extend my empathy!!!
  • 204harbor
    204harbor Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm new to this but I can can tell you, watch your salt intake, drink 6 glasses of water daily, don't eat 2 to 3 hours before you go to bed. Eat more fruit and veg's. Get more sleep!
    Get weigh the same time every day, 1st thing in the morning suggested.
    Good luck
  • MIMI1025
    MIMI1025 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words kkristof1 I really needed to hear that. I do have a little more energy but it would help if I could at least tell in my clothes that I had at least lost inches. I am not giving up but I am praying to see some kind of encouragement soon such as clothes fitting looser or going down a size I have to eat what my friend has told me to eat my pouch only holds so much or at least it use to . There is a scary chance that I have stretched my pouch which SCARES THE HECK OUT OF ME because that means that my surgery was in vain and I will be let down at lot of people the main one being myself. I should only be able to hold a cup to a cup and a half of food per meal, That is what I am working on getting back to but it isn't easy .Thanks again for your advie I do need to watch my sodium but really don't eat a lot of sodium.and Congrats on your weight lose. Keep up the good work!!
  • MIMI1025
    Options
    Thanks for your advice and empathy I am right there with ya. I am not giving up have started drinking my protein shakes as snacks and eating one protein bar at night for my dessert, I will be successful again and so will you we can do this. So lets not get down on ourselves and if I get any good advice for post op gastric patients I will pass it on to you and hope you will do the same for me. Thanks again and if you need to vent just shot me a blog. Good Luck my friend!!!!
  • MIMI1025
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions but I do all those thing except the not eating a few hrs before bed that is what I am going to be working on to accomplish this week. Cutting off all food after 8pm. Kitchen closed!!!
  • MIMI1025
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions but I do all those thing except the not eating a few hrs before bed that is what I am going to be working on to accomplish this week. Cutting off all food after 8pm. Kitchen closed!!!
  • cjgriess
    cjgriess Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks for your advice and empathy I am right there with ya. I am not giving up have started drinking my protein shakes as snacks and eating one protein bar at night for my dessert, I will be successful again and so will you we can do this. So lets not get down on ourselves and if I get any good advice for post op gastric patients I will pass it on to you and hope you will do the same for me. Thanks again and if you need to vent just shot me a blog. Good Luck my friend!!!!

I just printed off a $3 off coupon for a new shake by Ensure that is high protein - 25g per bottle. Hopefully it won't taste like mud!! Let's keep in touch!!:wink:
  • MIMI1025
    Options
    Sounds great! Watch out for the sugar content in those Ensure shakes it can be high, I make my own shakes and that way I keep the sugar content down and can put as many or as litlle protein grams in it as I want.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!