Nausea after 30 DS??

Options
I just finished Day 1 Level 1 of 30 DS and I'm not sure why but I felt really sick afterward. I'm used to working out and I have a pretty good tolerance for that type of thing, but I felt awful after I finished today! Anyone else have this kind of experience when they first started it? I'm not sure if maybe it's because I didn't eat before doing it, since I got up at 5 am to work out. I'm not giving up on it at all, just want to see if I'm the only one who felt this way...

Replies

• sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking during the workout? I stop for a second here and there and get a big drink. You might be getting dehydrated with all that sweating!
  • rockstarmike000
    Options
    sometimes I get a little lightheaded if I work out on a completely empty stomach. Try eating something healthy and small, like a piece of fruit or a low-cal granola bar. This gives the stomach something to munch on while you work out. If you have a really hardcore workout, its usually the less food you eat, the better. But the stomach doesn't like boosting the metabolism while its empty
  • Myra73
    Myra73 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Also, do you usually get up that early. Your body may be saying, whoa, I should be sleeping.
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Agree with above about maybe being dehydrated. If I do not drink enough water during my workout then I will get nausead after too. When I first started working out with my trainer I was actually having to drink gatorade for the electrolites during my workouts for that reason. I am back to drinking water now.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    It could be the empty stomach. I find with that dvd, if I drink water during it, I get feeling strange. Also, I don't have the umph in the a.m. to do it really. Congrats on starting it! Stick with it, it is so worth it!!!!!
  • Myra73
    Myra73 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 4. I felt bad the first day, but it is getting easier, I even add a little extra workout (latin dancing) onto the end now.
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I got nauseous after Day 1 Level 1, too! I will tell you, mine was because I had eaten too much that day and still had a decent amount of food in my stomach. I will be doing Day 5 today and haven't been sick since the first day!
  • nks798
    nks798 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    definitely eat a little something before.. and wait to exercise :) GL!
  • jcaa2011
    jcaa2011 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I usually get up about 5:45, so I wouldn't think that getting up a little earlier than that would effect much but who knows? I'm leaning toward the empty stomach thing, guess I'll have to attempt getting up a few minutes earlier (ugh) so that I can get something small in my stomach before working out and see if that fixes the problem.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    It's probably the empty stomach and dehydration. And you are sweating so you need to hydrate. Maybe drink some gatorade light.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I didn't get nauseous, but I did cry like a little girl. LOL
  • jcaa2011
    jcaa2011 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses guys, the support is very helpful!:smile:
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Jillian is a killer! I felt nauseous and faint during Day 1, but it eventually got better for me. I actually did level one for about 2 1/2 weeks because it still felt like it wasn't easy. I wear a heart rate monitor while doing it though, and after that 2 1/2 weeks I noticed that I wasn't burning as many calories as I used to, so I figured I was ready for level 2.

I started level 2 on Tuesday this week, and guess what? Nauseous and faint all over again. :smile: I've realized that the nausea and faint feeling is just my body's way of protesting the beginning of something new and difficult though, and that in a couple of weeks I'll be stronger and ready to move on to level 3.

I did notice that I'm more likely to get the nausea/faint feeling working out in the morning (I'm okay in the afternoons), but the morning is the best time for me to do it is in the morning so I just push on through. I do eat a 1/2 of a banana before the workout though, just to give my body some fuel to work with.

I think the best part about 30DS is that it's only 20 minutes, so just when you think you can't take anymore, it's done! Plus I always feel really hardcore after doing it. :smile: