college kid!

Options
hi guys, i'm tessa! i'm a junior in college and this is the third time (yeah, i know) i'm starting my fitness journey. i'm really tired of feeling like crap all the time and want to make some positive changes! i'm really into yoga and because i'm extremely asthmatic it's hard for me to do anything cardiovascular (which sucks) so i've been trying to focus on static workouts. i'm in college, like i said, so balancing school and fitness is really, really hard for me. i'm looking for other people my age who understand the struggle! thanks :)

Replies

• jkp429
    jkp429 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am not your same age but I am getting my Masters Degree and the time to work out is hard to find. Early in the morning is best because there are less distractions and it helps you through out the day
  • RachaelRenk
    RachaelRenk Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Similar, I'm 25. I'm one semester away from finishing my Masters; I go to school full-time; I work almost full-time (~35 hours/week); I'm constantly volunteering for stuff related to my industry/program at school (for some God forsaken reason); and find it really hard to fit in exercise.

I've had to start making BIG changes because I recently found out I have incredibly high triglycerides and cholesterol. Some of it is hereditary, some of it is life style. But, I'm too young to be worried about getting diabetes or heart problems due to the cholesterol, so I've had to get serious. Changing how I ate wasn't that hard once I had a really severe reason for doing so, but I'm still struggling to fit in exercise. I've just started getting up about 30 minutes earlier than usual and jogging for 5 minutes and walking for 5 minutes. That's it. That's not much. But, it's a start.

Mornings/early seem to work better for me. All of my classes are night classes, so after work and then school I'm exhausted and the last thing I want to do is work out.
  • natasha_hal1
    natasha_hal1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am a senior in college. I take 17 credits a semester and work full time. I basically just fit in exercise whenever I can. Anything helps! I try to aim for 30 minutes to an hour.
  • amythefab
    amythefab Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also a senior in college and currently weigh 149 lb. I'm new to this. And just like you, I'm tired of feeling like crap all the time. I want to get myself in good shape so that I can try out all the new clothes which don't even fit me :( or just feel confident which I've lost bcoz of the increased weight. I believe that this time, I'll do it somehow. I try to walk as much as I can to substitute for exercise bcz I'm too lazy to do that. That would mean walking for half an hour. It's a start. :)
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Fellow college-kid here! Good luck on your journey and finding balance!
  • Li6erty
    Li6erty Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I know this feel very well -PhD student here. Best wishes.
  • Cmt0513
    Cmt0513 Posts: 14 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Junior in college here too! Definitely understand the struggle of balancing health and school. Feel free to add me if you want!
  • jeepenjimmy
    jeepenjimmy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Former college kid here. Idk how I made it out alive lol. Between class, working out, playing baseball and frat party's I still don't know how I managed lol