advice for a picky eater who wants to eat vegetables?

Options
I would love some recipes for vegetable stuff, but I'm super picky. I won't eat anything with tomatoes, onions, or peppers in it, or sourcream. I'm willing to try any other vegetable, and I love mushrooms. My favorite vegetables are the ones in Chinese bean curd dishes, but I can't cook worth a damn and have literally set 7 ovens and 11 microwaves on fire. I am able to use an electric skillet. With all those caveats, does anyone have any suggestions for veggie dishes? Simple is good. I also don't like to mix foods together that much.

Replies

• laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    saute some broccoli with garlic, and squeeze some lemon juice on it while it's cooking!
  • stephaluphagus
    Options
    my favorite thing to do..is get whatever vegetable you WILL eat..my favorite is squash, zuchini (spelling?) onions, garlic, and mushrooms..sautee in olive oil with whatever spices you like..i use garlic salt..chili powder..paprika..black pepper..and because i loooove spice..cayan pepper..then toss with pasta or put in a low carb wrap and make a wrap! easy, fast, and tasty!!
  • twitbffl
    twitbffl Posts: 24
    Options
    I take diced broccoli, diced asparagus, olive oil & taco seasoning and saute in a skillet. I make veggie tacos from the mix! I also grill any veggie with olive oil and garlic in tin foil on the grill outside. Asparagus is my favorite as well as potatoes. Hope this helps! :)
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    You could make a stir fry with broccoli, carrots,mushrooms, and Sweet peas, ( The ones in the pod).Its easy just put about two tablespoons of oil in a sauce pan add some garlic and stir the vegetables for a few minutes. After its been cooking for a while add some soy sauce and its done
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I really like spaghetti squash. You just cut it in half, take the seeds out, stab a few holes in it and put it upside down in a pan with a little bit of water, and cook it in the oven or microwave. When done just put garlic and butter on it, or whatever spices you like. It is delicious and I am ready for some again soon.
  • plummersmate
    Options
    When avoiding wheat products I cut aubergine lengthways in thin(ish) slices, brush with olive oil and top with tuna, mushrooms and tomatoes, top with cheese and bake in the oven on a rack to avoid it going soggy. A sort of veggie style pizza.
  • plummersmate
    Options
    Try oven roasting butternut squash or sweet potatoes with olive oi, salt and pepper to taste or cumin, chilli or cayenne pepper for a bit more of a bite. Takes about 40 minutes depending on size of chunks but very simple and tasty. And sweet potatoes have loads of vitamins and are a rich source of minerals. As well as vitamin A and C, you'll find iron, copper, manganese, vitamin E, vitamin B6. Sweet potatoes also contain beta carotene which the body can convert into vitamin A. :-)
  • sms9497
    sms9497 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good ideas! I also heard when the vegies are cooking, just add a dash of brown sugar. I tried in on my brocolli, which I already eat, and it was good.