Lost 31 lbs & Reached Goal Weight!

I am 5'6" and started out at 176 lbs. After a couple of weeks, doing it on my own, a friend recommended MyFitnessPal. 16 weeks later and I reached 145 lbs!

I love the nutrition information and corresponding goals. I only lost 4 lbs of muscle! AND was able to make sure I had all my protein, calcium, iron, vitamins, etc. each day.

This has been the easiest weight loss ever. I am going to set a new goal of 135 lbs (and slow down the weight loss per week) to get down to my racing weight.

Replies

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Huzzah, good for you!
  • jadorade91
    jadorade91 Posts: 119 Member
    That is so exciting! Good for you. Do you weigh your food or just eyeball it/stick to serving size estimates?
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Good for you!!!
  • pienbee
    pienbee Posts: 4 Member
    I mostly weight my food including things like cereal, chips, etc. that don't come as a single serving.

I also cook regularly and for the recipes I do both weight and measurement (I.e. flour is entered as x cups and peppers are weighed.)

When I visit family or go out with friends, I estimate. Estimating is easier since I can judge by other foods that I have weighed.

My husband initially gave me a hard time and the kids looked at me weirdly; however, when I lost over 15 lbs they all started helping me out and being encouraging.
  • starfruit132
    starfruit132 Posts: 291 Member
    Sounds like you really did the calorie count program really well. That is a really successful loss. I find that I get lax on the weighing and rely on the database too much. Congrats to you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!