flavoured water?

Options
does flavoured water count in daily goal? i drink slightly sparkling spring water, no artificial colours or flavours. 16cal per 1 litre. 2g carbs. anyone know??

Replies

• Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    It will hydrate you, i think you need to drink more parkling than flat because of the gas in it, but it does count
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I think it all counts, but there is nothing like the good old thing! ( I hate water,so I drink crystal light or flavored water myself)
  • cajuntinkerbell
    Options
    There's nothing like the real thing, hun. If it says on the label that it has calories, then yes it does count, like a soda.
  • Nytram81
    Nytram81 Posts: 44
    Options
    what if it's just water with ice and half the juice of a lemon?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    does flavoured water count in daily goal? i drink slightly sparkling spring water, no artificial colours or flavours. 16cal per 1 litre. 2g carbs. anyone know??

If you took all the additives out and injested them by themselves, then later drank all the water, you'd count it, right? So, even though you consumed them together you've still injested that same amount of water. What reason would there be not log it??
  • LosingTheWeight2014
    Options
    I count anything that doesn't have caffeine in it. That's what my doctor told me.
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I would count it as water but I'd also count the calories.. also - check the sodium though. Over 4th of July weekend I enjoyed a lovely bottle of nestle lemon water! I downed it and then looked at the label just for fun - it had like 40mg sodium! I was so surprised bc I had never noticed flavored waters nutrtional value, I just assumed it was fine. I mean, 40mg sodium is not terrible but still.. that was 40mg of sodium I could have avoided if I had just checked the label and grabbed a boring water instead!

I personally love water so I very very rarely have any kind of flavored water.. occasionally I just add a little bit of lemon juice but that's it!
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    Options
    I think it all counts, but there is nothing like the good old thing! ( I hate water,so I drink crystal light or flavored water myself)
    I do the same thing with publix individual drink mix packets. It's only 5 calories.
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    If you put it in your body it counts. Whether you record it it or not, your body knows it went in. Is it the sweetness you like? I make iced tea with raspberry zinger herbal tea and green tea then add in a little honey and pour it over ice. This keep me hydrated and the tea is beneficial. The honey just keeps me happy. I count the honey in.