Cardio Kickboxing

Options
Good Morning Fellow Fitness Pals,

I just went to my first cardio kickboxing class. Had a lot of fun great sweat and cardio. We were in class from 8:30 to 9:25, does any one know how to add this program to the exercise, and what the approx, calories burned would be?

Thanks
:tongue:

Replies

• paullynch
    Options
    Good Morning Fellow Fitness Pals,

I just went to my first cardio kickboxing class. Had a lot of fun great sweat and cardio. We were in class from 8:30 to 9:25, does any one know how to add this program to the exercise, and what the approx, calories burned would be?

Thanks
    :tongue:
  • tidwelljw
    tidwelljw Posts: 146
    Options
    I do the P90X program and there is a day where you have Kenpo karate, I couldn't find those set of particualr excerises in the list, but I did find regular karate. And for an hour it was something like 1100 calories.....If you have ever done the Kenpo workout that is very believable!
  • bahansen
    bahansen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can find kickboxing under: Judo, karate, kickboxing, tae kwon do..... You can add your time and it will give you the calories.

My cardio kickboxing class is about 50mn kickboxing (Including warm up), the rest in abs and cool down. When I log it here it says I burn about 560 cals. That's probably pretty accurate as my instructor says you can burn 400-700 in her class depending on your body and effort.

I just love doing this cuz you use your whole body, burn up a lot of calories and I feel great afterwards.

Good luck.
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I do a 45 minute cardio-kickboxing class and I put it under the kickboxing thing to. I usually burn around 500 calories. I don't get hung up on exact numbers... I just use them as a rough estimate at least when it comes to exercise.
    I think the kickboxing is a great way to get my anger and other feelings that build up over throughout the day.
    I also like to push myself (with the help of my ipod) on the elliptical at the gym... in 60 minutes I can burn 800+ calories without killing my knees.

Have a good class and KICK some calorie burning butt!!!
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    well...at 112 pounds and 5'3 I burn 702 calories, in my cardio kickboxing class, that's 60 minutes of full out 100% sweatin....so if you're heavier you would burn more...lighter and you burn less....I give it my all, which means I can barely keep a conversation while working out, and kick as high as possible, I also use 3 pound hand weights for the 1 hour class....I max it out, if i'm gonna be there I might as well work as hard as I can, I use the Polar F6 and it's very acurate at giving you your calorie count.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Calories burned really depends on LOTS of factors... from height, to weight, to current level of fitness, to how intense you brought your workout... so, you can't really base it on what other people post... unless you find someone who is in almost the exact same place as you, and then, maybe, it'll work out that way.