I'M SO MAD AT ME !!!!!!

Options
I am having a really difficult time. I just need to think....and make some serious changes for me....for once. I have felt out of control for the last week after a man broke into our home.....stole my cell phone and keys and demolished my Volkswagen beetle. He is in jail and even though I try to hide my feelings.....I am eating my stress away. I need to get a grip and get my life back. Dr Phil says " you cannot change what you don't acknowledge ". I am ready to acknowledge my weakness....I am going to get up in the morning and step on the scales and start a new. It's 28 weeks til my anniversary and I am going to use that day as my goal ( may 31) I am going to pray for strength, patience ,wisdom and knowledge. I wish I had a friend that could relate to this madness . But in the meantime. ....one day at a time sweet Jesus. Andrea :p

Replies

• Lipstick_chick1960
    Options
    THANKYOU
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I agree that you shouldn't be mad at yourself. When I got robbed and our television was stolen, I was mortified and felt violated. An unwelcome intruder can be very traumatizing. When I was in the psych ward for mental illness, there was a woman there for that reason alone. Since her break-in, she had severe panic attacks. So don't feel angry that you are upset.

In regards to intake, acknowledge that emotional eating isn't healthy beyond a point, and start making small changes again. Instead of reaching for chips, grab a healthier option instead. Work slowly back into where you previously were at.
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Be happy with yourself for stopping the downward spiral and stepping on the scale before things get worse. :D
  • Lipstick_chick1960
    Options
    I stepped on.....
    Not as bad as I thought ( felt ).....just a starting point to a 28 week journey.
  • Rutamartal
    Rutamartal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Lots of luck to you, I hope you do well from now on!
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should find a good friend and just talk it out! I'm sure someone breaking into your house makes you feel completely violated and maybe even unsafe. If you continue to struggle I would highly suggest seeing a therapist about it. I know the stigma that comes with that but it can truly make a world of difference for you.
  • beginforthelasttime16
    Options
    Oh my goodness, Andrea! That's awful and it's completely normal that it wrecked you a bit!
    Don't let the enemy, girl! You got this- you're a conqueror and nothing can stop you!
  • megsCA
    megsCA Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for catching yourself this early into the cycle! Move Forward, and gain personal strength from this!!!
  • lipglosscrazy
    lipglosscrazy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Never take the actions of other out on yourself. The only person you can control in this world is you. I'm sorry this person has violated your home and trust. Keep your chin up, stand up, brush yourself off and push forward. <3
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Hey that's my great-uncle's favourite song :) One day at a time indeed.

I think you are very strong to keep pushing forward, and I wish you all health and good wishes.

• Farrell73
    Farrell73 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You can do it!