Hello!

Options
I have struggled with myself to be accountable for what I eat. I am a social worker and I go to client's homes to do case management. Weekly I see many who began with diabetes and progressed to blindness and amputations, not excluding kidney failure. I have to take a look at what lays ahead of me if I don't decide to take charge. I began this journey at 250lbs. in August 2016. Today 11/17/2016, I weight 224. I see starches and sweets as missing toes and feet and the inability to see my feet. So far, it is helping. I have to envision myself smiling as I am putting on smaller clothes and keep going. One bad meal choice does not equal failure. There are always more opportunities to begin another successful day.

Replies

• sheenasamdog681
    sheenasamdog681 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I totally agree, it's such a shame your clients couldn't understand this way of thinking years ago. Such a terrible waste.
  • sheenasamdog681
    sheenasamdog681 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say, keep up the great work your doing fantastic !
  • foodfighter86
    foodfighter86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Applauds progress so far... Never give up! But don't be so hard on yourself either--feel free to have sweets or cheeseburgers if you like them. A small slice of strawberry cheesecake after dinner won't necessarily hinder your progress--as long as you're burning more calories than you take in on a weekly basis (when weight loss is your priority).

A loss of control that leads to too much of certain foods/drinks over longer periods is the REAL issue that may be one contributing factor to a plethora of health complications (ie. type 2 diabetes, etc.)