Start Over

Options
Hi,

I fell off the wagon probably end of September. I gained some weight back. :sad: Anyways I have been trying to do better, but I haven't been able to get back into it. I believe a lot of it is stress. I lost my job back in May and I haven't been able to find another job, so I am home all day with the kido's which is fine, but on top of the stress all the food is here, and oh my do I like to snack and snack and snack. The one thing I have been really good at keeping is the water intake. I know it is my eating habits that are causing me to gain weight, even though I exercise. Does anyone have any ideas to get the snacking under control and to get back to counting calories? It was so easy at first, but now it feels like a struggle for me. :brokenheart: Please help I want to loose my weight and feel better about myself again.

Replies

• Sinnettfamily
    Sinnettfamily Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I fell off the wagon probably end of September. I gained some weight back. :sad: Anyways I have been trying to do better, but I haven't been able to get back into it. I believe a lot of it is stress. I lost my job back in May and I haven't been able to find another job, so I am home all day with the kido's which is fine, but on top of the stress all the food is here, and oh my do I like to snack and snack and snack. The one thing I have been really good at keeping is the water intake. I know it is my eating habits that are causing me to gain weight, even though I exercise. Does anyone have any ideas to get the snacking under control and to get back to counting calories? It was so easy at first, but now it feels like a struggle for me. :brokenheart: Please help I want to loose my weight and feel better about myself again.
  • lscott
    lscott Posts: 3
    Options
    Have you tried little carrots and little tomatoes for snacks?
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    don't give up! make sure to buy healthy snacks. I love yoplait yogurt.... They have SO many flavors and only 110 calories! Another snack I love is fruit w/ cool whip. I buy frozen fruits (cause they'd go bad if I didn't) add some whip topping, let it warm up a little, and whamo, a nice healthy deseart. :) you can do it!!! :)
  • Sinnettfamily
    Options
    Those are really good ideas, I just need to cut up the vegs so they are ready to eat. Thank you.
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Sinnettfamily~ I am totally with you!
    I stared off 234 pounds. I was in the gym and eatting pretty healthy and doing great! I lost 40 poounds in 4 months and then maintatined. We had to move in with friends, I had to quit the gym, couldnt afford good foods... Alot started going on, we couldnt find a house to buy, and yeah you know what I mean.

Well now we are renting a house(we moved in Steptember) and still not settled in. No storage space so everyday I feel like we just moved in. I got down to 182 pounds before christmas and since then I been headed abck down hill. Today I weighted myself and Im back at 195pounds. That is only 39pounds lost! THIS IS BAD! When I had lost 52 pounds.

THE TWO OF US NEED TO STICK TOGETHER AND DO THIS!
    Do you use Yahoo messanger or Myspace?
    Do you want a phone friend? What do we need todo to get us back on track?

PIPINANA~ I will deff buy some yougurt nexct time im in the store cause Im back to only eating 3 meals a day and a few bad snacks instead of 3 good meals and 2-3 healthy snacks.

I WILL GET BACK ON TRACK! I hope today is DAY 1....
  • Sinnettfamily
    Options
    I don't have myspace because of my ex finding me on it... bad news, but I do have live messanger through MSN and I had Yahoo, I just have to figure out what my password was. But yes I would enjoy chatting with a friend that is going through the same thing I am. It is much easier I would think. I gained 25 pounds back since Fall and I really need to get back into this before I gain it all back. :cry: So anyways I am off to the store for a bit, but my username is sinnettfamily@live.com for MSN messanger not sure yet what my Yahoo one is. I will find out later and let you know. THANK YOU!!
  • vizz
    vizz Posts: 5
    Options
    I am only working 2 days a week and i know being home alone while the kids and husband are out really add to my eating.
    I go through these spurts where i buy totally healthy but i swear i am a food genius when it comes to concocting a sinful snack.
    Stick with it and know the stress is always there in one form or another. It seems i solve one problem and gain a new one.
    I too have lost and gained and lost and gained but now in my 40's i really am most concerned about my health rather than my pant size.
    If you've done it once than you know you have the power to do it again.
    I need to take my own advice and get back into my life.
    Everthings a choice.
    I make really bad choices for myself sometimes and my body shows it.
    Something good will come out of all of this. Good luck and i'll keep an eye on you.

Vizz
  • sumiemama
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I fell off the wagon after a visit from some family and a baby shower. I gained the 4 pounds that I lost back. I am so disappointed in my myself. I was doing so well and now I have to start all over again. If anyone is out there that would like to get back on the wagon with me I could use the company and support. Thanks for reading.