Possible Caffiene Issues

Options
Have been with MFP since this past August and system is working great. However, as I have progressively lost weight have noticed that morning coffee seems to be causing me to experience mild light headedness now. I use standard coffee from fresh ground beans, and have about 24 ozs. within about 2 hours of getting up each morning. No other coffee rest of day. Light headedness disappears about 1 hour after I finish last cup and does not linger unless I become very active. Such as lunch time walk up steep hill, bu this is rare. Should I give up coffee for something else or could this be some other health issue due to weight loss? If I do not drink coffee or use store bought ground no issues. Thanks all for your input:)

Replies

• Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Do you also eat in the morning or is it just coffee? I ask because you said it does not linger unless you become active.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I wonder if you are just dehydrated in the morning. Maybe try drinking like 20 oz of water before your coffee and see it that does the trick?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Maybe try drinking less coffee? It could be the dose of caffeine that is causing your issues (272 mg) but you could be fine with a smaller dosr
  • aldavid18
    aldavid18 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Indeed I do eat, usually just a bagel though with some jam. I'll take on some water prior to as well. I also just found out that my beans, Starbucks, have a lot of caffeine in them compared to other brands. I may try another brand and see what shakes out too or just drop how much coffee I put in machine. Thank you all for prompt responses.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,004 Member
    Options
    Maybe try drinking less coffee? It could be the dose of caffeine that is causing your issues (272 mg) but you could be fine with a smaller dosr

^^This.
    OP, have you lost a significant amount of weight? Drug dosage is generally adjusted for the weight of the patient. Maybe the amount of caffeine you could tolerate at your old weight is too much for you now.