Coffee Creamer

Options
What's your favorite brand & flavor? In your opinion which is more important, sugar- free or fat-free?

Replies

• Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    I don't use the stuff anymore. Generally just 2% milk.
  • Shannon1023
    Shannon1023 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Coffee mate French vanilla :) I <3 my coffee and can't seem to sway from it or my cream! I find if I use fat free, I put waaaay more in my coffee to try to get it to taste just right so I just stick with the original. I know, it's bad, but it's one thing I'm not ready to give up yet :)
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    coffeemate whatever flavor, sugar free or fat free, they're all about 25 or 35 cals

A while ago I switched to coconut milk creamers, that was super yummy and low cal too, plus coconut milk apparently is really healthy. Since I moved and can't buy it anymore since its not in the commissary and I have no idea how to ask for that in Korean, but its in most big supermarkets in the states
  • hifinm
    hifinm Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to have to choose between sugar free or fat free, so i started using fat free half and half and then flavoring it with sugar free torani syrup. I have Caramel, vanilla and hazelnut. love them
  • kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i love french vanilla... but now im a skim milk girl :)
  • blondie1238
    blondie1238 Posts: 182
    Options
    Mmmmm I <3 coffee creamer! I try to use almond milk, BUTTTT I always keep coffee creamer in the fridge for when I've been good and deserve a treat :tongue: I sometimes use sugar free, but sometimes I just get regular and try not to use it very often, if there's a flavor I really want to try! Right now I looooving Coffeemate Cafe Latte! Delissssshhhhh. Coffee lovers unite! I'm drinking a cup right now! CHEERS! :drinker:
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I love CoffeeMate Peppermint Mocha in the mornings. At work I use the little cups of generic half & half.
  • chocolatesweat
    Options
    Coffee fuels me and I love my fat-free French Vanilla coffee-mate--- I but about 2 shots in an 8oz cup which is about 50 cal. But I burn them off so it's worth the exchange--- I gave up everything else like my 2 cases of cokes and all the other sugary drinks. Now I'm an early morning 2 cups of coffee and an all day water drinker.
  • yieldguru
    yieldguru Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have tried several option on this. My favorite is Coffee Mate Sugar Free French Vanilla at 15 Cal per TBLS. I have tried the fat free and it just doesn't add the creaminess I want. The sugar free I do not notice any "fake" sugar taste and it's potent. I tried International Brand, the Sugar Free french Vanilla at 20 Cal per TBLS, and it's weak. I had to use about double to make my coffee taste like anything. Hazelnut and other flavors of the sugar free variety I find I have to use more to get the flavor to come out. Anything that is caramel or chocolate I have to use quite a bit so I stick with the french vanilla because it seems the most potent. Also, if you go to the coffee mate website you can usually get a $.55 coupon which can be doubled to $1 at most stores: Safeway, King Soopers/Krogers.
    I hope this helps. Good luck,
    Jen
  • ColoradoCowgirl
    Options
    Oh I can't give up my coffee creamer! I use sugar free most of the time, hazelnut is my favorite! Once in awhile I use a regulat flavored one and mix it with sugar free french vanilla to bring the calories down a bit!
  • GeekGirlOnAQuest
    GeekGirlOnAQuest Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have switched to coconut milk creamer too. I'm using So Delicious French Vanilla Coconut Milk Creamer and it is fantastic!
  • cricket754
    cricket754 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am a Sugar Free Hazelnut or French Vanilla by Coffee-mate Girl! 2 tbsp will do me...and for the 60 calories, it is worth it EVERY MORNING to me, even though I drink Decaf! :)
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I like coffee- mate. The sugar free ones save you 10 cal per serving. But, the selection isn't that great. You get more options with fat free. This morning I had Fat free Italian Sweet Cream.

I also like almond milk. (Dark Chocolate, and Vanilla are my fav) You can use more for less calories. BTW, it only stays fresh for a week once opened, but it can be frozen. I freeze mine in an ice cube tray. 2 cubes = 1/4 cup. So if ya like a "creamier" coffee you might want to give it at shot.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I love CoffeeMate Peppermint Mocha in the mornings. At work I use the little cups of generic half & half.

That was my favorite! I gave up on creamer when I started the Lifestyle change. I now prefer my Keurig flavored coffee black with a hint of Equal.
  • 145Karen
    145Karen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sugar free french vanilla for me! its my morning treat! LOVE the Stuff!
  • blondie1238
    blondie1238 Posts: 182
    Options
    I like coffee- mate. The sugar free ones save you 10 cal per serving. But, the selection isn't that great. You get more options with fat free. This morning I had Fat free Italian Sweet Cream.

I also like almond milk. (Dark Chocolate, and Vanilla are my fav) You can use more for less calories. BTW, it only stays fresh for a week once opened, but it can be frozen. I freeze mine in an ice cube tray. 2 cubes = 1/4 cup. So if ya like a "creamier" coffee you might want to give it at shot.

I never thought of freezing the almond milk! Thanks for that idea!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Where do you find the coconut creamers? Not seen them but have not really been looking cause I did not know they existed.
  • Eplizzitiz
    Eplizzitiz Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hazelnut! I used to drink coffee with sugar and cream, but once I changed to this creamer, I was able to take the sugar out completely.

If I decide I need a second cup, I drink it black and it tends to make me stop at 2 cups for the day :)
  • GeekGirlOnAQuest
    GeekGirlOnAQuest Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    For the coconut milk creamers try the natural/organic section of your supermarket. I get mine at Wegman's - they keep it in the organic dairy case, not with the rest of the coffee creamers. I think I've also seen it at Whole Foods.
  • hpygirl64ColleenLinder
    hpygirl64ColleenLinder Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I use to love my hazelnut sugar free creamer however just two weeks into drinking my superfood nutritional shake I was off to work when I realized I completely forgot to have my "best part of waking up" and was SHOCKED and scared how I was going to make it through the day as a hairstylist w/o my java. The more shocking part was that I don't even need it anymore as my breakfast meal replacement has curbed my cravings and gives me all day sustained energy so that I don't even require coffee anymore.

However every now and again just for the warm and fuzzies and ambiance I do treat myself to one. Feel free to friend me every
    one of you for some positive food for thought left on my page daily to keep you thinking and motivated!

Have a fit-tabulous day...Coach Colleen