Options
kingwood85
kingwood85 Posts: 1 Member
Need new crockpot idea! SOS

Replies

• Nebrie
    Nebrie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    2 lbs fresh green beans. 1 lb ham steak (cubed) w/ bone thrown in pot too. 1 large onion and 1 tub fresh mushrooms chopped according to preference. 1 small bag baby carrots (each carrot cut at least in 1/2). 1 bay leaf. 2 Tbsp minced garlic. 1/2 tbsp pepper. 1 cup water. Put on low and cook 6 hrs. Serve over 1/2 cup brown rice or eat as is or w/ side of corn bread.

Bag of frozen boneless and skinless chicken (I like thighs but breast works too), 1 can corn (rinsed) or equivalent frozen, 1 can black beans (rinsed), 1 large onion, 1 tub mushrooms, 1 or 2 tbsp garlic, 1 jar salsa of your choice. Put on low and cook 6 hours (approx). I shred the chicken in the pot before serving. There will be lots of juices in pot so drain or use...you know...whatever works for you. Serve over 1/2 cup brown rice or eat as is.

Bag of frozen boneless/skinless chicken, 1 large onion, 1 tub mushrooms, 1 bag carrots, 1 bag frz. green beans, 1 medium red potato per serving, 1 can cream of celery, 1 bay leaf, 1 -2 tbsp garlic, 1 tbsp pepper. Low for 6 hours (approx). I shred the chicken in pot then serve as is w/o rice or other starch because there is a potato.
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/265675581722173

Poblano Chicken Stew: (click the link for ingredients)

Brown the onions, poblano and celery in the butter. Toss it all into the pot - cook on low for 8-10 hours (I cook it while I am at work)

• IremiaRe
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Another great one is to throw a couple of skinless boneless breasts into the pot, bury in your favorite veggies - zucchini, green beans, eggplant, Kalamata olives, fresh tomatoes, and then pour in a jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce - stir and then cook on low for 8-10 hours - 5-6 hours on high.

Serve over pasta or your low carb alternative of choice.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I put 3 chicken breast in with a can of salsa on low over night for 7 hours. Then i take the chicken and it just falls a part and i have it in a salad with avocado, tomato and a hummus salad dressing. it's delicious and takes no effort to make. (and then i have 2 meals out of the 3 chicken breasts)
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    basic split pea soup is so good. celery, onions, garlic, carrot and a couple of bay leaves. i like to bury a small smoked hock in the soup while it cooks, but bacon works if you have nothing else.

and it's amazing what a difference it makes if you use pork stock instead of just water. i have access to bones so i make stocks in the crockpot as well. they're so worth having.
  • sunnyday3790
    sunnyday3790 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is only 180 calories and taste awesome
    Crock Pot Lasagna (Weight Watchers)
    Ingredients Serves 6
    1 lb. lean ground beef
    1 onion chopped
    1 clove garlic minced
    1 can (28 Oz) tomato crushed
    1 can (15 Oz) tomato sauce
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1⁄2 tsp dried basil
    1⁄4 tsp red pepper flakes
    1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
    1 1⁄2 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese
    shredded 6 lasagna noodle
    1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
    directions; prep time; 20 min. cook time 6 hours
    ⦁ In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef, onion, and garlic, stirring to break up any chunks, until the meat is brown, 5-10 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, dried oregano, dried basil, and red pepper flakes and simmer for another 5 minutes.
    ⦁ In a small bowl, mix together ricotta and 1 cup mozzarella.
    ⦁ Spoon 1/3 of the meat sauce into a slow cooker. Break 3 lasagna noodles in half, arrange them on top of the meat sauce, and top with 1/2 of the cheese mixture. Repeat with second layer. Finish with remaining 1/3 of the meat mixture. Cover and cook on Low for 4-6 hours.
    ⦁ In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over the lasagna and set aside for 10 minutes or until cheese melts and lasagna is firm.

• lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    IremiaRe wrote: »
    myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/265675581722173

Poblano Chicken Stew: (click the link for ingredients)

Brown the onions, poblano and celery in the butter. Toss it all into the pot - cook on low for 8-10 hours (I cook it while I am at work)

This sounds good but the link didn't work for me.
  • Rabbitsocksgardener
    Options
    My favourite thing to make in the crockpot is a buttload of pulled pork made with honey, liquid smoke, molasses, jalapeños, root beer, and spices. Perhaps not the healthiest but I find it's the best method of making pulled pork in the kitchen! It feeds the boyfriend well enough plus I can always toss the leftovers in portions in the freezer for when I'm craving that.
  • IremiaRe
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Here are the ingredients... guess you can't share the recipe generator...

Poblano Chicken Stew

Servings 5 (2 cup servings)

calories 459; Protein 37 g; Total Fat 19 g; Total Carbohydrate 42 g

15 Ingredients

• 8 ounce, Baby Portabello Mushrooms
    • 1.50 tbsp(s), Chicken Base
    • 4 cup (240 grams), Homemade Chicken Stock
    • 8 oz(s), Poblano Pepper, Raw (Grams)
    • 1.50 cup, chopped, Onions, raw
    • 1 cup chopped, Celery, raw
    • 1 cup chopped, Carrots, raw
    • 18 oz, Chicken
    • 8 ounce, Fresh zuchini
    • 1 cup, chopped, Kale, raw
    • 8 oz(s), Tomatos (fresh, diced)
    • 3 Tbsp (3 g), Fresh Oregano
    • 1.50 clove, Garlic, raw
    • 1 C dry (79.5grams cooked), French Green Lentils
    • 2 tbsp(s), Butter

Brown the onions, poblano and celery in the butter. Toss into the pot with the chicken and veggies - mix well, pour in enough chicken stock to just submerge the veggies - cook on low for 8-10 hours (I cook it while I am at work)

Highly flexible - but the above just BARELY fits in a standard crockpot - so you might want to shave down the amounts a smidge.