Mom of 4 looking for lots of friends and support!

Options
catashley87
catashley87 Posts: 1 Member
edited November 2016 in Introduce Yourself
2cjn5vntsphz.jpeg

I'm a stay at home mom of 4 kids (ages 1, 3, 7 & 9) and my husband decided to end our marriage 6 months ago.

After being in a bad state of mind for too long, I've decided to start taking care of myself again so that I can take care of my kids. I want to be a happy, healthy mom instead of the depressed, sad and hopeless mess that I have been for the last few years.

I would love to give and receive lots of support as I change my ways and focus on eating clean, exercising a few times a week, and really concentrating on achieving peace of mind and happiness.

Height 5' 3"
Current Weight 155lbs
Goal Weight 130lbs

Cat

Replies

• 603PIPER
    603PIPER Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome! sorry about the separation, but you are in the right place for advice and people to keep you motivated and accountable!
  • nvasq4140
    nvasq4140 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Nathaly and i have two kids. I am sorry about ur separation but i am happy to hear that u want to keep going and be happy and alao i admire u it is not easy to be a single mom i know this because of my mom. U can do it hopes up
  • Baddogbeanie
    Baddogbeanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, some advice: Friend me if you like.
    1. Listen to your appetite.
    “If you want to eat spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, have it!” Andrews says. “Don’t find the low-carb version with the fat-free sauce. If you actually eat what you want, you’ll likely end up eating a more reasonable amount of it.” Eating in tune with your hunger is a principle of intuitive eating, and it’s shown to have a positive effect on both your weight and your wellbeing.

2. Enjoy treats from time to time.
    Research shows (and experts agree) that sprinkling reasonably sized desserts or treats into your daily diet encourages you to find pleasure in meal time again—and that pleasure will help ensure you don’t feel the need to go overboard.

So instead of confining your treats to one single day, drop them into places throughout the week. For example, enjoy: “a cookie or a few pieces of chocolate after dinner on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays,” Rogers says.

3. Savor every bite.
    Once you place any item of food into your mouth, take a moment to: “taste, smell, and experience it as a whole,” Rogers says. “When you take the time to be mindful about what you’re eating, you tap into your satiety cues.”

The Takeaway

Forget about designating a cheat day to reward yourself. Denying yourself most of the week and then indulging like crazy on your one day “off,” just promotes guilt, anxiety, and shame around eating—which means you won’t likely get to the health outcome you’re looking for. Instead, make every day a great day by listening to your appetite, periodically adding in some of your favorite foods in small portions, and savoring each and every bite of everything you eat. This sustainable approach will help you think of all of your eating as enjoyable, and that’s what gets you down the road to where you want to be.
  • kcorby65
    kcorby65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Cat,, welcome :).. I have only been here for 2 weeks so I am also looking for friends .. I have 5 grandchildren .. I have found the most important thing for me is to keep logging my food as well as my exercise .. Because once I stop doing that everything goes haywire lol
  • nassik
    nassik Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Every fall can be seen as an opportunity to raise. So, congratulations, you have been given an opportunity. Don't waste it :)

Being parent for quite some time I can say I am at my best not when I try to be "the best" parent but when I focus on being the healthier one. Where health = physical, emotional and social well being.

Good luck with your new life ...