C-section bellys, I need hope!!

Options
After having 3 energency c-sections, my tummy is far from flat. I have an over hang, and my tummy shape is rather rounded. To the point yesterday I apparently appear 6/7 months pregnant according to a lovely lady in our local pharmacy (ps, that is said with sarcasm) I was so upset by her, it almost got me down and ebbed away at the hard work I have put in, but I woke up this morning with a positive, mental attitude, and Im going to work my hardest, but I wanted to hear from anyone else who may have had c-sections. Please tell me you can get that tummy down?!
I keep getting told I would probably qualify for surgery, but it was 3 surgeries that did this to me! I dont want more. I dont even want it totally flat (though it would be nice ;) ) but I just dont want to look pregnant anymore, and I would rather do it myself!
Please, somebody tell me it can be done!

Replies

• Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    i always planned that when i have kids i would get a c-section because im terrified of childbirth.
    does it **** up ur belly more than just being pregnant does?
    man i hate being the woman.
    y cant the guys **** up there bodies and suffer through the pain ='[
    i mean iv already ****ed up my boobs for life and i only had mine for 13 weeks before it went..

Wow i just realised how much i swore during this post.
    sorry..
  • KristynStephens15
    KristynStephens15 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    It just takes time, I had my 2nd c section 5 months ago and my belly is finally back to mormal and other then a small pooch above my scar it is flat with no over hang. Lots of ab work has helped.
  • Ladybuzz
    Ladybuzz Posts: 4
    Options
    I have also had 3 sections and have the same problem, Pilates is most definately helping with the abs and the top bit but i still have a massive overhang which i'm hoping will go with the weight.
    Sorry i can't help but i can sympathise with you.

I still have 24 ish lbs to go and am hoping with the exercise the muscles will pull the overhang up a bit - also not keen on surgery would have to be a very very last resort.

Good Luck!
  • kriswillis333
    Options
    i have had 2 c sections and keep ypur goals set high and hit them hard honey!!! i proudly can say i weigh less now then before my first kid. my c section kangaroo pouch OR fanny pack as i call it has shrank dramatically!!!!!!! and i wont stop till its gone.... keep up the good work it Is possible!!!!!!!!!
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I had 2 c-sections. Last one 5 years ago and still my belly looks like crap. But, I managed to get the bulk of it out of the way wearing a compressive band on my stomach, especially at night. That pushed my muscles back in and reduced the volume. Right now I still have excess skin and muscle separation due to the pregnancy, but at least I'm not round anymore.
    The bad thing of having a c-section was the fact that they cut out all the muscles and doing lower abs is still really hard. It is better, but I feel it will never be the same.
  • CristineD
    CristineD Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    There is hope, promise! My son, second child, was born by emergency c-section 6 months ago. I read all the posts saying I'd never get my tummy back (I lost it after my first child) but I'm half way to my goal weight and I can already see that it's flatter than it's ever been. The bench is decreasing, the skin is tightening and I know I'll be flat again. I would recommend giving your tummy a good "suck in" whenever you think of it and holding it for as long as you remember to strengthen your core because that will also help to pull it all back in...but nothing but cardio cardio cardio will get rid of the fat. Also, don't do ab exercises because many of those will actually push the belly out more. Focus on your core first and foremost and you'll start to see the inches go.
  • loopylis
    loopylis Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the replies! Its great to know if I keep putting the effort in it will loook better and its not for nothing! Has really made me feel better! And well done to everyone who is defeating the baby belly!!
  • princesshaylo
    princesshaylo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    FYI having a vaginal delivery it much safer and you recover MUCH faster than with a C-Section. A C-Section is a last resort, it is major abdominal surgery if you think about it. Take it from me, I was a Labor and Delivery nurse for two years. Our bodies were made to have babies this way.
  • princesshaylo
    Options
    You will get back to normal, I promise. Just lots of hard work will do the trick. Do you have an abdominal binder to help you remember throughout the day to help you remember to contract you abs?
  • loopylis
    Options
    You will get back to normal, I promise. Just lots of hard work will do the trick. Do you have an abdominal binder to help you remember throughout the day to help you remember to contract you abs?

Is it really bad I have never heard of an abdominal binder??
  • jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just googled it for you as I've never heard of them either

"Sometimes after back injury or surgery to the abdomen, doctors may recommend the use of an abdominal binder. Though there are many variations on this piece of medical equipment, it can be said that most are large pieces of somewhat elasticized fabric that fit snugly around the abdomen and the upper hips. Most feature an attachment of some kind, made of materials like Velcro® that allow for slight adjustment of the binder for different sized people."
  • loopylis
    Options
    They look uncomfortable lol!!!
  • jamhamster
    jamhamster Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Was bad enough having to wear a support belt under and tuba grip bandage round my bump for 5 mths due to SPD epes over the summer :) not very comfy at all
  • loopylis
    Options
    I had a tubi grip for spd with the youngest, I hated that thing so much!
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    my stomach is now my favoutire part of my body! i had an emergency c section 9 years ago, it was horrendous. I had the awful flap of skin and i can gladly and proudly say, its now non existant! with 4 months of healthy eating and Jillina Michaels by my side i have found wonderful abs and core! it can be done, be prepared to work very hard, drink plenty of water and it can be done! good luck xx
  • sunnikim
    sunnikim Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm 17 months out from my 2nd c-section and am working to trim down my belly. My mid-section where my belly button is seems so stretched out. I'm not certain if it's fat, or if it's stretched skin. Depending on what I wear, I too feel like I look like I'm in the early stages of pregnancy - rockin' that lovely pooch.

I've been doing 30 Day Shred and cardio and have noticed some difference, but still wish to tone more. I also believe I have diastasis recti, where my abdominal muscles are separated from pregnancy. I'm guessing that will not correct itself since it hasn't at this point? Anyone know?
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I have three c-secs...the first was an emergency with cuts going in both directions. My belly isn't in the horrific category but it's still in the "wear a tankini" category!
  • princesshaylo
    Options
    Lol ya an abdominal binder is somewhat like a corset. Maybe slightly uncomfy but helps you to remember to keep your abs contracted for the majority of the day :)
  • JoLeeFA
    JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    As women reply to this, I wonder what direction they wer cut for the c-sections.

I was cut up and down twice. No bikini cut for me. I have almost no ab strength. Last year when I worked with a personal trainer, he said he could tell that I had major issues with ad strength.

After reading this, I just wonder if the up and down cuts are more difficult to flatten??
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I didn't find out that my mother-in-law had a c-section until I read her autopsy report, she healed up that well! She was 5'7", 144lbs and in AWESOME shape! (then cerebral hemorrhage out of nowhere, she was dead before she hit the floor) But yeah, the c-section scar in the report was a total surprise.