Diet pills

Options
Hello, just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me! Been struggling all my life to lose and keep off 5 to 10 kilos! Doc has given me Duromine for a month. I'm just starting my last week and have lost 4.2 kilos. So happy but worried how I will do when the pills are finished. I have been keeping to 1200 calories but it's getting harder. Any help would be awesome

Replies

• Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

I've never taken it, but I think Duromine is also called "phentermine" and if you do a search on this site you should find a number of discussions about it.

Hopefully, your Doc has discussed plans for how you will transition from the Duromine? One idea might be to ask about a referral to a dietitian if your insurance will cover it and/or a medically approved cooking/dietary intake class to help you with the transition.

Best wishes in meeting your goals and all you do! :)
  • bbseven
    bbseven Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi and thank you for the welcome. Yes the doc is checking me and I am on a very low dose. Thanks for your suggestions.
  • Mysterious_Dreamer
    Options
    I'm new to duromine, i'm on day 5 if you'd like a friend :)
  • drivennightrunner87
    drivennightrunner87 Posts: 302 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    adipex-p isn't the best i've tried to aid weight loss (especially as a jump start at the beginning of your journey)....but it will DEF suppress your appetite/give u some energy for a good chunk of the day. how much are you taking? 37.5mg daily? over some time, if u notice its powerful effects weaning as tolerance builds, taking a temporary break and starting back up again helps...obv. this is something u'd have to check with ur md...Good luck to you! ps: avoid caffeine as much as pos.
  • drivennightrunner87
    drivennightrunner87 Posts: 302 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    these type of meds when prescribed appropriately can certainly help...but realistically we can't be on them forever.. and it will get harder once off of them...but i think the more weight you lose and closer you get to your goal/a healthy bmi, the more your mindset will change because u'll actually be living all the positive effects (better fitting clothes, more active, more confidence, less health complications)...and it's good to remind yourself how far u've come and not wanting to go back to the same place u once were/how u felt at the time... personally getting out of the 200's really helped me because it was like a new chapter, a benchmark and it's ingrained in my head never to allow myself to get over again...so see how u do and continue logging ur intake everyday and don't freak out if u have a bad day (eating too much) cause tomorrow is always a new day to stay in control/put your best foot forward...just try to think positive and know that this is really a lifestyle change for the better --mind and body
  • Mary_Anastasia
    Mary_Anastasia Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I was prescribed phentermine (the highest dose) and it didn't do anything to me, I even experimented taking in the evening and I slept like a baby..from what I understand it may be easier for you to regain some weight once you stop taking it, but it's generally prescribed in stages, so your progress is staggered: on for a while, off for awhile, on again, etc. If you're nearing the end of your Rx just remember your willpower is strong and if you gain a little back you have the power to get it off again. I second the idea of working with someone on a transition plan; your metabolism WILL change, and I think it might help if a professional can guide you through it.
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    For me, Phentermine helps curb my appetite. But logging my food here is even more helpful. It keeps me honest. If I eat junk food, or overeat, I don't want to see it in writing ;)
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My preference is the 30mg. capsules. I took the 37.5mg. and saw no difference. Then I found out it only contains 30 mg. of Phentermine. "Tablets containing 37.5 mg Phentermine hydrochloride (equivalent to 30 mg Phentermine base)." https://www.drugs.com/pro/phentermine.html.