how long did it take till you saw results.

Options
I don't want to do it fast but I would love to know when people that have had success already started noticing results. I've been going to the gym daily and eating much better then I use to eat it's only been a month and I love going to the gym. it's definitely been a life style change already I feel better. I'm just wondering when I'm going to start seeing it 3 months 6 months. how long did it take for you ? :)

Replies

• Ne0Indigo
    Ne0Indigo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    2 months ^.^ which is now! 6kg down
  • kingleahnidas
    kingleahnidas Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Took me about 20 lbs to notice anything, but I started with a lot to lose. I've lost 45 so far and most people haven't noticed, other than family.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    That really depends on how much you weigh and your body type.
  • 92_sweetheart
    92_sweetheart Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yes it depends on multiple things as another poster mentioned but for me I've lost nearly 17lbs in 2 months so far and I've noticed it.
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I think about 8-12 weeks or so of being really consistent and losing around 5-8 pounds. It is also really helpful to take pictures every month or so in the same positions. I noticed differences in my pictures but wasn't noticing them when I looked in the mirror.
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    At around 12lbs but I was lucky and lost my gut pretty quickly so it was noticeable
  • tracypreiss
    tracypreiss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    By my first 10 I noticed now at 25lbs down other people notice.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    What results? I started seeing results right away...four years later I'm still seeing results in various aspects of my health and fitness and will into perpetuity...

This whole thing is a continuum. The more weight you have to lose, the longer it will take visually...but there are a multitude of results to look at.
  • dalem7
    dalem7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started at 350#, so it took about 50# for me.
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Depends from person to person, and the way you change your lifestyle. If you go from an unhealthy lifestyle into a healthy one your body will go through a shock that affects your whole metabolism and the way body will work. In such cases body responds really fast.
    At least in my case it did.
    The very first day I noticed changes. I felt more energetic, more relaxed, and more hungry. I lost several pounds in just 1 week (6 to be precise) While taking in more calories than I would take before while eating unhealthy without doing exercises. I was eating close to 3500-4000 cals a day, yet I was losing weight. That rapid body response stabilized though as the days went by, and losing weight became more challenging. In 3 months I lost a total of 40 pounds.

My point is, fast and drastic changes trigger fast response. Overnight I changed my lifestyle from a junky sedentary person, to a health nut who'd exercise 5 to 6 times a week. As long as body feels challenged you'll get results. And the results may vary depending on your body and the challenges you are putting it through.
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1/2" and started around 230s. I really didn't think I was any different until I got to around 150. I know what probably seems strange, but it was only then that I needed to get a belt. I think it's different for everyone. Who knows what happens to YOUR body as you start this process. Maybe I was losing fat internally around organs for a while before I started noticing anything regarding my waist?

But it's interesting that now that I'm around 130, losing a couple lbs (and it is slow going now) is REALLY noticeable. Going from 132 to 130 was a huge difference, for example ...
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Not sure what results you are asking but here are mine...

1. Weight loss - 1st week
    2. Physical Stamina - approx 4 weeks after adding 30 min increments to my walking
    3. Physical Weight Loss - Stomach was not as bloated and flatter after 1 1/2 week, face noticeably thinner approx 15 lb loss, beginnings of a shape (boobs,waist,hips instead of round) approx 25 lbs down.
    4. Clothing size after approx 15-20 lb loss but I keep my clothes until they start falling off because I have about 75 lbs more to go and I want to save money for a fabulous wardrobe when I get to goal.

Hope this helps!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I saw results within two weeks. Seriously, my bras no longer fit. It was kinda sad. I was much happier when my waist showed up (about a month later!)
  • rickc74
    rickc74 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I noticed that clothes fit better within a couple weeks, about 5lbs down. At about 20lbs down, people starting mentioning it. At the same time, I noticed that things that used to wind me didn't anymore. At around 50lbs, I noticed how bony my knees and ankles felt. I have gone from 250.5lbs to 175, for reference.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    The first time I lost weight I went from 170 to 125, I didn't notice it as much as everyone else but I was a busy mom. I gained some back due to life happening but now with just. 25 pound weight loss goal. I notice now after about 5 pounds my pants fit loose, but the more noticeable things you will find are feeling better and breathing better, walking comes with ease. It's all about nsvs!
  • hopemc061915
    hopemc061915 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies. great job. I'm pretty busy being a mom of a 17 month old but I still feel like we ate bad and didn't get enough excercise in so we have started eating way better and smaller sizes but we are starting to eat a bit unhealthy again not all the time maybe once a week but I've been working out for a month and a couple days now and haven't felt like I seen much weight loss progress. I lost probably 10 lbs the first 2 weeks but I'm pretty sure it was water weight cause my weight always moved from 194 to 186 all the time after having my daughter. my boyfriend and family say the notice small results already but of course I didn't. I was stuck at 180 it felt like. I love going to the gym the feeling after is just so exillerating. I definitely need to work on my workouts I'm still to nervous to go by the weight room lol I've done lots of cardio and dumbells but I'd like to try the squat machine and ect. but I am proud that I am now 177.2 so I feel like I am losing just a bit slower :) but the health benefits have been great I feel way better and can feel like poop when I don't go to the gym or eat bad.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I noticed almost right away (off the belly, off the ribcage, pants looser in the butt more and more) but it was 4-5 months and 15-17lbs before I started really getting comments from others. I started just over 170 and 5'5 and fat-fit if that's a thing.
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    My advice to compare pictures every 1-6 months
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!