How to lose love handles?

Options
How to lose love handles?

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Unfortunately we're unable to, spot reduce; without surgery!
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    For me they are the very last bits of fat to leave but they do when I get to a low enough weight. For me at 5'4" that's 126-8 lbs. No exercise did it, I just had to reduce calories. I've heard that we are genetically predisposed to losing/gaining fat in certain areas so your results may be different.
  • laurens47
    laurens47 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce with diet and exercise. You will need to keep losing fat mass. You can start a weight training program to help with body composition. This will aid in the approval of how you feel you look as the weight is coming off.
  • earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    The Ab Roller. Definitely.
  • laurens47
    laurens47 Posts: 117 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    earlyxer wrote: »
    The Ab Roller. Definitely.

Lmao!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Weight loss or surgery.
  • dbashby
    dbashby Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Spot reduction is a myth (without surgery). You lose fat in the reverse order you put it on. This follows the last on first off, first on last off principle but the original order in which you put it on originally was determined by genetics. Often times it has been so long people forget what came first. This is the reason liposuction is so popular because the actual weight loss is minimal 3-5 lbs. in most cases but the effect appears like you lost 20-25, as it makes your silhouette look much more proportional. If you gain the wait back you keep the proportionality effect (within limits). Past a certain age the waist line or face line dilemma ( the more skinny you are the older you appear in the face) can come into play, again another reason lipo is so popular.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Reduce your body fat percentage
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,442 Member
    Options
    Wear pants that are not too tight. Seriously, if you're generally slim but have love handles in pants, then your pants are too tight.
  • rennickm1986
    rennickm1986 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Eat less